In the year 2017, we have seen some of the biggest smartphone launches that have set new benchmarks in the market and have gained huge popularity among buyers. However, with features like bezel-less screens and dual cameras being available for the masses, these powerful packages are in need of a huge battery as well.
Apart from the price and camera performance, battery backup is also a key feature that people keep in mind before buying a new smartphone.
From booking a cab to using live GPS and from downloading videos to multimedia consumption, smartphones have become an essential part of our lives. However, the fear of these pieces of marvelous technology dying on you still eats us up from the inside as to what will we do if the battery gets depleted while using the GPS and we are stuck in nowhere.
On that note, we have decided to give our readers a list of Best Battery Smartphones Of 2017 which promise powerful performance credentials and offer great multimedia consumption capabilities while also having a backing of a dependable battery backup.
Best Battery Smartphones Of 2017: The Ones For The Long Run
1. Moto E4 Plus
- 5.5-inch (720×1280) IPS HD display with 2.5D curved glass, 267 PPI, and Corning Gorilla protection.
- 64-bit quad-core MediaTek MT6737 SoC clocked at 1.3GHz and coupled with Mali T720 MP1 GPU for graphics
- 3GB RAM and 32GB of storage, expandable via microSD up to 128GB
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash, 1080p, 720p (30fps) video recording and 78° wide angle lens.
- 5MP front camera with fixed focus, f/2.2 aperture, 74° wide angle lens and LED Flash.
- 5000mAh non-removable battery with 10W rapid charging support
- Water repellent nano-coating
- Fingerprint scanner housed in the home button with One Key Nav feature
- 4G LTE, VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.1, GPS/A-GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11n, 3.5mm headphone jack and Micro-USB port (No NFC).
- Full-metal body design with repositioned antenna lines, like iPhone 7 and rounded edges for better ergonomics.
- 6.44-inch (1080×1920) FHD IPS display with 2.5D curved glass, 344 ppi and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset clocked at 2GHz and coupled with Adreno 506 GPU for graphics.
- 4GB RAM/64GB storage and 4GB RAM/32GB storage variants, both expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box with MIUI 8, upgradable to MIUI 9
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX 386 image sensor, f/2.2 aperture, dual-LED flash and PDAF
- 5MP front-shooter with 85-degree wide-angle lens and f/2.0 aperture.
- IR blaster, Hybrid dual-SIM setup and Fingerprint scanner at the rear.
- Front and bottom facing speakers (with Stereo Sound) that can switch from mono to stereo, automatically.
- 5,300Mah non-removable battery with Quick Charge 3.0
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.2, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, GPS/ A-GPS, 3.5mm audio jack and USB Type-C port.
3. Panasonic Eluga Ray 700
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080) Full HD IPS Oncell display with 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-core MediaTek MT6753 processor clocked at 1.3GHz and coupled with Mali T720-MP3 GPU
- 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal memory, expandable up to 128GB with MicroSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) out of the box.
- Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, 3.5mm audio jack and FM Radio.
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash, PDAF and 1080p video recording.
- 13MP front camera with LED flash and f/2.2 aperture.
- Dimensions: 75.35 x 153.75 x 8.9 mm and Weight: 182g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n and GPS/GLONASS
- 5000mAh non-removable battery
- 5.2-inch (1280×720) HD IPS display with 282 ppi and 2.5D NEG curved glass.
- Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 SoC clocked at 1.25GHz and paired with Mali T720 GPU for graphics.
- 2GB/3GB RAM and 16GB/32GB storage options, expandable via microSD up to 32GB.
- InLife 2.1 UI based Android 7.0 Nougat.
- 13MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture, HDR, PDAF and touch focus.
- 5 MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture and fixed focus.
- Fingerprint scanner at the rear and hybrid dual SIM (Nano+Nano)
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging
- 4G VoLTE, GPS/ A-GPS, Micro-USB with OTG, an infrared sensor, 3.5mm audio jack, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Bluetooth v4.1.
- 6-inch (1440 x 720) 18:9 FullView display with 2.5D curved glass, 85% NTSC color gamut, 500 Nits brightness, 268.33 PPI and Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 SoC clocked at 1.4GHz and coupled with Adreno 505 GPU for graphics.
- 4GB RAM and 64GB storage, expandable via microSD up to 256GB.
- Amigo OS 5.0 based Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) out of the box.
- Hybrid Dual SIM and Fingerprint sensor.
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and LED flash.
- 8MP front camera with fixed focus, wide angle lens, and f/2.2 aperture.
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging support.
- Measurements: 156.35 × 75.65 × 8.6mm and Weight: 199g
- 4G VoLTE, GPS/GLONASS, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, micro USB support and 3.5mm audio jack
- 5.2-inch (1280×720) IPS LCD display with 2.5D curved glass
- Octa-core MediaTek MT6750 SoC clocked at 1.5GHz paired with Mali-T860 MP2 GPU.
- 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage, expandable by up to 256GB.
- Android 7.0 Nougat with ZenUI 3.0 on top.
- 13 MP rear camera with f2.0 aperture, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash and [email protected] video support.
- 8MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture and [email protected] video support.
- 5000mAh battery
- Hybrid Dual SIM, Fingerprint sensor, and Mono loudspeaker
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Micro USB support, Bluetooth 4.0 and A-GPS
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720) HD LCD IPS display offering 282 PPI.
- Quad-core processor MediaTek MT6737 SoC clocked at 1.3GHz and coupled with Mali T720 MP GPU for graphics.
- 1GB RAM and 16GB of storage, expandable up to 64GB with a microSD card.
- Android 7.1 Nougat out of the box
- Dedicated microSD card slot and Dual SIM support
- 5MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LED Flash and Bokeh mode
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, fixed focus, and f/2.2 aperture.
- 5000mAh no-removable battery with no fast charging
- 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 4.0, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro USB support and 3.5mm audio jack
- 6-inch (1920×1080) Full HD Super AMOLED display with 2.5D curved glass.
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor clocked at 1.95GHz paired with Adreno 510 GPU for graphics.
- 6GB RAM and 64GB of internal Storage which is expandable up to 256GB with a microSD card.
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow).
- Fingerprint scanner and Dual SIM (nano + nano).
- 16MP rear camera with f/1.9 aperture and dual-tone LED flash
- 16MP front camera with fixed focus and f/1.9 aperture.
- Dimensions: 162.9×80.7×6.9mm and Weight: 189g
- 4000mAh non-removable battery with fast charging
- 4G VoLTE, ANT+, Bluetooth v 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), 3.5mm Audio Jack, USB-Type-C support, and NFC.
These were eight of the best battery smartphones of 2017 that left us impressed with whatever they offered at their respective price tag.
While some of the above mentioned ‘best battery smartphones of 2017’ are primarily focused on giving out the longest standby time, there are others, which turned out to the greatest overall packages of the year.
If you still waiting to buy a new smartphone based on its battery capabilities and it has to be a 2017 model, you can choose any one of the above-mentioned smartphones.