Moto E4 Plus has been launched by the Lenovo-owned smartphone manufacturer with a price tag of Rs 9,999 along with the Moto E4 which is priced at Rs 8,999. While the non-plus variant has nothing special to offer, it is the Moto E4 Plus has caught everybody’s attention with a mammoth 5000mAh battery, stock Android Nougat and a huge yet vibrant 5.5-inch display.
In the world of smartphones, heavyweights like Samsung Galaxy S-es, iPhones and Premium Xperias are often considered as the true superstars as these devices offer ‘latest and greatest’ hardware as well as carry a justifiable price tag for the same. But there just a few that are popular for rising through the ranks in the opposite direction. These are the smartphones that make the most of the low-end hardware and provide the budget conscious consumers a surprisingly solid user experience.
Only Xiaomi and Lenovo has been able to do that and Moto E4 Plus is no different, but as the segment grows, the competition is getting stiffer with every launch and will the Moto E4 Plus be able to stand out in this crowded sub-Rs 10,000 segment. Let’s see!!
Moto E4 Plus Specifications
- Metal unibody design with antenna bands running on top and bottom of the device
- 5.5-inch (720×1280 pixels) IPS HD display with 2.5D curved glass and Corning Gorilla protection, offering 267 ppi
- 1.3GHz 64-bit quad-core MediaTek MT6737 SoC coupled with Mali T720 MP1 GPU
- 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash, PDAF, 78° wide angle lens and 1080p, 720p (30fps) video recording.
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, fixed focus, LED Flash and 74° wide angle lens
- 5000 mAh battery with 10W rapid charging
- Fingerprint scanner embedded in the home button with One Key Nav feature
- Water repellent nano-coating
- 4G LTE, VoLTE, GPS/A-GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11n, Bluetooth v4.1, Micro-USB port and 3.5mm headphone jack. (No NFC)
What we like about Moto E4 Plus
- Moto E4 Plus comes with a vibrant display that will feel comfortable to read brother under direct sunlight as well as for nighttime reading.
- Fingerprint scanner gestures are a welcomed feature in this segment.
- Stock Android experience with least amount of bloatware and an easy to understand UI.
- Moto E4 Plus’s 13MP front camera is the best unit in this segment.
- Water repellent nano-coating, although not being that practical, gives Moto E4 Plus a brute image.
- The 5000 mAh battery easily delivers full day worth of juice.
What we don’t like about the Moto E4 Plus
- The performance factor is where this smartphone lacks. While it offers ample of under-the-hood power for daily usage, the Moto E4 Plus is not the smartphone for heavy gaming users.
- Although the display is vibrant, the lack of more ppi is clearly seen that cause frame drops and even struggles with high-resolution videos.
- While the addition of front LED flash might have forced you to perceive Moto E4 Plus as a selfie smartphone, it isn’t the best unit in the competition. Pictures lack saturation and have a lot of noise while looking a bit shaky, at times.
The Moto E4 Plus, with all its drawbacks, still offers bang-for-buck value and in days of manufacturers like Xiaomi, Oppo and Vivo focusing on either performance or camera-centric smartphones in the budget segment, Moto E4 Plus is an attempt to give a little of everything under the sub-Rs 10,000 segment.
Should you buy Moto E4 Plus
Well if gaming and camera performance is what you need, look elsewhere but if you want a dependable smartphone that comes under your budget and ‘just does everything’ irrespective of being perfect in something, Moto E4 Plus might fulfill your needs.