Infocus Turbo 5 has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs 6,999 for the 2GB/16GB variant and Rs 7,999 for the 3GB/32GB variant. While you might be thinking that at this price point, the smartphone has been put against the segment leader Xiaomi Redmi 4 and this isn’t the best place to be at, considering the number of sales that Redmi 4 has recorded, we would like to mention that by far the Infocus Turbo 5 is the biggest competitor for the former as, after a very long time, a non-Xiaomi smartphone has ticked all the right boxes.
Interestingly, while every other Chinese smartphone manufacturer is finding it hard to tackle the challenges posed by Xiaomi, Infocus, a US Based company has done it right with the Infocus Turbo 5. For starters, the smartphone comes with 5000mAh battery and is priced Rs 1000 lower than its competition.
However, the sub-Rs 10,000 segment has flourished at a great rate in the past couple of years and customers have become habitual of getting way more than what they are paying for and which is also the biggest challenge that Infocus Turbo 5 will face. However, by the looks of it, we are sure of seeing the Infocus Turbo 5 climb the sales chart but will it be able to determine the Xiaomi Redmi 4? Let’s see.
Infocus Turbo 5 Specifications
- All-metal design
- 5.2-inch (1280×720 pixels) HD IPS display with 2.5D NEG curved glass, offering 282 ppi
- 1.25GHz quad-core MediaTek MT6737 SoC paired with Mali T720 GPU
- 2GB/3GB RAM and 16GB/32GB of internal storage, expandable up to 32GB via microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat with InLife 2.1 UI on top
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, HDR, touch focus and Dual LED Flash
- 5 MP front camera with fixed focus and f/2.2 aperture
- Fingerprint scanner at the back and hybrid dual SIM (Nano+Nano)
- 5000mAh battery with fast charging support, offering up to 2 days of battery backup with moderate usage.
- Micro-USB with OTG, 3.5mm audio jack, 4G VoLTE, GPS/ A-GPS, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1 and an infrared sensor.
While these are exactly the same features as seen on the Xiaomi Redmi 4, Infocus Turbo 5 really stands out with a 5000mAh battery as well as Android Nougat based UI out-of-the-box. Infocus Turbo 5 comes with an all-metal design that has been a benchmark in this segment and it also features a bright display as well as an exceptional camera by the segment’s standards.
For A Detailed Review On Xiaomi Redmi 4, Click Here
Be it multitasking, heavy usage or multimedia experience, Infocus Turbo 5 is a complete performer and it comes with a price tag which is less by Rs 1000 from that of Redmi 4. However, for those Rs 1000, a user won’t get the Snapdragon experience which we completely understand because that is what competition is all about in this segment.
While it was hard for us to choose a winner between the Infocus Turbo 5 and Xiaomi Redmi for as you get a little less here and a little more there, but there are only two factors that should act as a decider for your ultimate buy and those are, your love of SD-based processor as well as after sales services.
If you can live with a MediaTek processor and can take a risk with after sales services, Infocus Turbo 5 should be your next companion, otherwise, you should stick with the Redmi 4.