Just days ahead of launching a new selfie-centric series in India, the Chinese smartphone maker has announced a permanent price cut for the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 and now the 6-inch device can be bought at Rs 13,999 for the 32GB version and Rs 15,999 for the 64GB variant.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 has been the best selling phablet in the sub-Rs 20,000 segment and it comes with a perfect combination of multimedia consumption prowess and under-the-hood power. One of the major highlights of this device is the massive 5300mAh battery, which offers around two-days worth of juice on mixed usage.
For the unknown, Xiaomi Mi Max 2 was launched in India in July at Rs 16,999 and while it didn’t offer any major update over its predecessor, for those who haven’t bought the Mi Max, it turned out to be one of the best VFM phablets for multimedia consumption.
What followed was the launch of a 4GB/32GB version of Xiaomi Mi Max 2 in September at Rs 14,999 but by that time, Moto G5S Plus had proven its worth and Max 2 was forgotten in favor of its higher-end competition.
However, after announcing the price cut, Xiaomi has tried to make the deal even more appealing and what acts as an icing on the cake is the fact that Flipkart is offering Rs 15,000 worth of buyback on Xiaomi Mi Max 2, taking its effective cost to Rs,999.
Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Specifications
- Full-metal body design with repositioned antenna lines, like iPhone 7 and rounded edges for better ergonomics.
- 6.44-inch (1080×1920) full-HD IPS 2.5D curved Display with 344 ppi and Corning Gorilla 3 protection
- 2GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625 chipset coupled with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage and 4GB RAM, 32GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB with microSD card
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with MIUI 8 on top, upgradable to MIUI 9
- 12MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, Sony IMX 386 image sensor, PDAF and dual-LED flash.
- 5MP front shooter with f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens.
- Hybrid dual-SIM setup, IR blaster and Fingerprint scanner at the rear.
- 5,300Mah battery with Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Front-facing as well as bottom-facing speakers (with Stereo Sound) which can automatically switch from mono to stereo.
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.2, GPS/ A-GPS, dual-band Wi-Fi 802.11ac, infrared, USB Type-C port and 3.5mm audio jack.
Also Read: Xiaomi Mi Max 2 Review
Interestingly, some of the Xiaomi Mi Max 2 devices have already started receiving the MIUI 9 which has confirmed that the phablet will indeed receive a full-fledged roll-out. However, according to Xiaomi, this is only a staged rollout for a small group of users, so not everyone will be receiving the MIUI 9. That said, with the launch of new OS just days away (2nd November), it won’t take long for the stable release to start rolling out officially.
As for the offers on Xiaomi Mi Max 2, apart from the Rs 15,000 cash back and usually offers on purchase via some cards, there is a buyback guarantee offer, where users can get an assured price when they exchange the handset in favor of a new product, few years down the line.
For more updates on Xiaomi’s event on 2nd November, follow this space.