Gionee M7 Power has been launched in India and as the name suggests, its biggest USP is the huge 5000mAh battery coupled with segment-leading features like a bezel-less display 6-series aluminum back shell.
For the unknown, Gionee M7 Power was first launched in China back in September and also the company’s first bezel-less offering in India. That said, M7 Power isn’t the first smartphone to offer such specification in this segment as LG Q6 has been the highest selling Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG G6’s subsitute. However, what makes Gionee M7 Power stand out from the crowd is the 3D photo feature through which users can form a three-dimensional dynamic picture by circling around the object to and can also share a live photo which shows the object from multiple angles with deeper details.
As for other specifications, Gionee M7 Power comes with a decent spec sheet but recently, the likes of Moto X4, Infinix Zero 5 and Moto G5S Plus have shown how great a budget smartphone could be and Gionee’s latest offering will face a tough competition in attracting those formidable sales numbers.
So, how well does the Gionee M7 Power stack up against its competition? Let’s See.
Gionee M7 Power Specifications
- 6-inch (1440 x 720) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 500 Nits brightness, 85% NTSC color gamut, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection and 268.33 PPI.
- 1.4GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 SoC coupled with Adreno 505 GPU.
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD.
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) out of the box with Amigo OS 5.0 Hybrid on top.
- Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD) and Fingerprint sensor at the back.
- 13MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and LED flash.
- 8MP front-facing camera with fixed focus, f/2.2 aperture, and wide angle lens.
- 5000mAh built-in battery with fast charging support.
- Dimensions: 156.35 × 75.65 × 8.6mm and Weight: 199g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS, 3.5mm audio jack, and micro USB support.
Gionee M7 Power Price And Availability
The Gionee M7 Power comes in Black, Dark Blue and Gold color with laser-engraved finish options and is priced at Rs. 16,999 in India. It will be available from November 25th while pre-order begins on Amazon.in from November 17th until November 24th.
Customers who pre-book Gionee M7 Power will get 6 months warranty for a free one-time screen replacement, no cost EMI on credit cards starting at Rs. 1417 per month, extra Rs. 3000 off on exchange.
Gionee M7 Power Review
- Despite the huge built, the device fits perfectly in one hand, thanks to curved edges and a textured back. However, single-handed operations can be a struggle due to slippery sidelines.
- The 6-inch display offers great viewing angles and color reproduction is sharp as well as crisp. On the other hand, brightness levels are just enough for outdoor usage.
- SD 435, although being an efficient chipset, lacks in the performance credentials. Playing heavy games will be subjected to some frame drops but multitasking is almost lag free due to the 4GB RAM.
- The one thing that we hate the most about Gionee M7 Power is its software that comes with Amigo OS 5.0, which comes with a lot of unwanted bloatware and there are no app drawers, just like iOS.
- On the camera front, the front camera really left us impressed with a quick shutter speed and focus both indoors and outdoors, the rear camera on the other hand, couldn’t manage to meet the benchmarks set by the competition, especially under low-lighting.
- The 5000mAh battery offers a good full day worth of juice on heavy usage, thanks to the efficient processor.
Gionee M7 Power is definitely a device to consider if you are looking for regressive multimedia consumption and multitasking. However, if you want a performance-oriented smartphone with a great camera, look elsewhere.