Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro, a promising smartphone that was launched in January and was expected to take on the likes of OnePlus 3T as well as LeEco Le Max, turned out to be a failed attempt due to the price tag of Rs 36,900 despite having everything in the specs sheet to climb the sales chart.
In our review of the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro, we categorically said that the only thing that will hold this exceptional smartphone back will be its price tag and the same happened. OnePlus 3T remained the indisputable champion in the mid-budget segment and attracted everyone coming in the market with Rs 30,000 in their pocket.
However, Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro has just received a price cut Rs 5000 and is now priced at Rs 31,990 on both Samsung’s official online e-store as well as on Flipkart. The South Korean company didn’t make an official announcement and quietly slashed the prices to make it more competitive against the OnePlus 3T, however, a silent announcement like this has confused us over Samsung’s plan of action as this is one price-cut that should have been announced with a holler.
Read Our Full Review Of Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Here
After shedding Rs 5000 from the price-tag, Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is now one of the best VFM smartphones in the market as it comes with the following specifications.
- 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display.
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU
- 6GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), Dual SIM (nano + nano).
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and 16MP front camera,f/1.9 aperture.
- Dimensions: 162.9×80.7×6.9mm, Weight: 189g
- Fingerprint sensor and 4000mAh battery with fast charging
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), ANT+, Bluetooth v 4.2, USB-Type-C, and NFC. Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Apart from the SD 653 SoC (OnePlus 3T has SD 821) and Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow, there is not even a single spec Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro that is not up to the mark of the benchmark in this segment, OnePlus 3T. However, the smartphone fights back with an option of expandable storage and better display as well as sleek design.
Moreover, if we have to pick a winner out of the two, OnePlus 3T will still be our ultimate choice over the Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro due to the fact that the former comes with 4K Recording and Optical Image Stabilisation (OIS), despite the latter performing better in low lighting conditions.
There is another thing that will hit Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro right in the face and that is the upcoming launch of OnePlus 5. If you are in love with the OnePlus 3T, you will definitely kill for its successor, the OnePlus 5 which is expected to be launched near the Rs 35,000 mark, which might be the same reason why Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro received a price-cut.
But for those, for whom brand name matters and Samsung is still a best premium smartphone maker, Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is the best option for them in the mid-budget segment.