Table of Contents
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro has been launched in India for Rs 36,900 and the kind of specifications the company has revealed, it clearly shows that Samsung is not living in the past and wants to regain its position in the premium and sub-premium smartphone segment. You can pre-book the device through selected offline stores and online platforms from January 27. Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro will be available across all retail channels after the first half of February 2017. Apparently, C9 Pro comes with a one-time screen replacement offer for a period of 12 months on pre-bookings.
From 6GB RAM, 6 inch display to a 4000 mAh battery, Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro looks promising from the outer shell and this intrigued us for getting to Galaxy C9 Pro’s core and see if it can handle the stiff competition in this price bracket.
Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro Specs
- 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display.
- Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) with Adreno 510 GPU 6GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage expandable up to 256GB via microSD card.
- Android 6.0.1 (Marshmallow), Dual SIM (nano + nano).
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and 16MP front camera,f/1.9 aperture.
- Dimensions: 162.9×80.7×6.9mm, Weight: 189g
- Fingerprint sensor 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), ANT+, Bluetooth v 4.2, USB-Type-C and NFC 4000mAh battery with fast charging.
- Compass/ Magnetometer, Proximity sensor, Accelerometer, Ambient light sensor and Gyroscope.
Display and Camera: 8/10
The 6-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display looks beautiful and its quality can be compared with that of Samsung Galaxy S7 and A9. Colours appear bright and have good contrast and viewing angles. Direct sunlight will not oversaturate the colors and will give a pleasant experience to your eyes with high graphics. Overall, the quality is at par or even better with high-end Android flagship smartphones present in the market.
However, the size of Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro is a hit and miss concept. It will be appealing for those who think that ‘Bigger is Better’ but for those who like to operate a smartphone single handedly, Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro may not be their first priority.
Camera duties are performed through the 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED flash, f/1.9 aperture and 16MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture. While Samsung’s ability to provide some of the best rear camera can’t be questioned, this time they have done something magical at the front with the 16MP camera. The front camera will not disappoint even some of the most selfie friendly people. However, the one thing that we miss here is the Optical Image Stabilization tech that even some budget smartphone flaunt these days.
Hardware and Software: 7/10
Since Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro will directly compete with OnePlus 3 and LeEco Le Max 2, the developers at Samsung have done a great job by beefing up the core of this smartphone. Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor (Quad 1.95GHz ARM Cortex A72 + Quad 1.44GHz A53 CPUs) coupled with Adreno 510 GPU has enough juice to make Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro a performance oriented smartphone as, from games like Asphalt 8, Call of Duty and other heavy entertainment stuff to multitasking, with 6GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage, C9 Pro is capable of doing everything that the current generation expects a Rs 35,000 smartphone to do.
However, OnePlus 3 and LeEco Le Max 2 flaunt the Octa Core Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor under the hood and Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro’s Octa Core Snapdragon 653 processor just simply can’t compete with the competition. Noticeably, the only advantage Samsung has in this department is the tag of ‘Premium and Trusted’ smartphone company and it may have some success just like Apple has done all these years.
Ok ok, calm down, we know that they have not given us the 5000 mAh battery that can be spotted in Samsung A9 but the 4000 mAh battery is not at all bad dude and you even have a fast charging option. The battery will take 70 mins for a full charge and is capable of giving 1.5 days of backup with 4G usage and 2 full days of talk time. Comparing Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro with the competition here, it seems all good to us.
1. Fully Metal Body with amazing design
2. Speed and Performance of Galaxy C9 Pro superb.
3. Easy to do multitasking and do too many multi operations with 6GB RAM in Mid Price Range.
4. Best Smartphone for a user who loves to play high graphics Games on Phones.
5. The best thing is, there is no hybrid slot.
6. Long lasting battery backup.
What we Don’t Like
1. Biggest Disadvantage is that 6.0 inch smartphones are not easy to carry and operate.
2. 367 PPI display could have been better.
3. OIS (Optical Image Stabilization) Function is not available in Cameras and 4K recording is not supported.
Should You Buy One?
The answer actually varies according to preferences. For those who need ultimate satisfaction for every buck they spend, OnePlus 3 and LeEco Le Max will be there first preference however, they lack the camera quality and battery size that Samsung Galaxy C9 Pro boasts.
It’s all upto you, go through the differences and buy the best possible option. In the end, none of these smartphones will leave you complaining.
18 Jan 2017