HMD Global is playing it very aggressively in the mid-budget segment, spreading its Nokia-branded smartphones across every price range and offering internals according to the needs of interested buyers.
While the world is eagerly waiting for its next flagship, the Nokia 9 and an entry-level smartphone, the Nokia 1, here comes a new variant of Nokia 6 which has been the money maker for the company.
After launching an updated version of the Nokia 6, earlier this year, another variant with 4GB RAM and 64 of internal memory has been added to the lineup which will take on the likes of recently launched Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Honor 7X and Moto G5S Plus.
For the unknown, Nokia 6 was first launched in 2017 with a decent set of hardware and while the updated version of the handset can’t match the sheer power of its biggest competitor, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, it offers the latest Android Oreo OS out of the box, to take on its competition with the purest Android experience.
Nokia 6 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080) full-HD display with 16:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 403ppi, and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- 64-bit Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC clocked at 1.2 GHz and coupled with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB/4GB LPDDR4 RAM and 32GB/64GB of internal storage, expandable via microSD card up to 128GB
- Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box
- Hybrid Dual SIM and Fingerprint sensor at the rear panel
- 16MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash and 1.0um pixel size.
- 8MP front sensor with fixed focus, 1.12-pixel size, f/2.0 aperture and 84° wide-angle lens
- FM Radio and 3.5mm audio jack
- 3000mAh non-removable battery with fast charging support
- Dimensions: 154×75.8×7.85mm and Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v5.0, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, USB Type-C support, GPS/GLONASS and NFC.
It should be noted that this is not the Nokia 6 (2018) which was unveiled earlier this year and comes with a more powerful Snapdragon 630 14nm chipset.
Nokia 6 Price And Availability
While the 3GB/32GB variant of Nokia 6 is available exclusively via Amazon India for Rs 14,999, the new 4GB RAM variant is set to go on sale from 20 February onward via Flipkart. It will be only available in one color option – Matte Black.
Interested customers can register on Flipkart from 15 February for updates of Nokia 6’s launch and as for launch offers, Flipkart is offering Rs 2,000 worth of exchange discount any old smartphone.
With the unimetal body and highly durable built, Nokia 6 has received a lot of appreciation for its design and while it is not the most powerful smartphone available in this range, it still offers the best software credentials and a well-rounded package for multimedia consumption.
Also Read: Nokia 6 (2018) Review
On the other hand, the pricing of the 4GB/64GB variant of Nokia 6 hints towards how HMD Global will be pricing its upcoming smartphones like the Nokia 6 (2018) and Nokia 7 Plus. While we expect the former to priced near the Rs 20,000-mark, Nokia 7 Plus which will come with Snapdragon 660 SoC under the hood can easily touch the Rs 25,000 price barrier.