If we talk about smartphone manufacturers that have literally created a lot of buzz around their new launches, then Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has to be right there at the top. They started with Honor 6X which competed with the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 and Moto G5 followed by the Honor 8 Pro which went head-to-head with OnePlus 5. Then came the Honor 9i which completely changed the face of mid-budget competition with its four cameras.
The one thing that Huawei has mastered throughout this year is, offering a VFM tag with a formidable package. One such smartphone is the Honor 9 Lite, which the Chinese smartphone maker has just unveiled.
From edge-to-edge display to dual cameras both at the front an rear, from an Android Oreo to a sleek design, Honor 9 Lite comes with everything one can expect from a mid-ranger. However, we have learned something this year as well which has made us believe that there is nothing like perfection and Honor 9 Lite is no exception.
Honor 9 Lite Specifications
- 5.65-inch (2160 x 1080) Full HD+ display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 75.5% screen-to-body ratio and 428 ppi.
- 1.7GHz Octa-Core Kirin 659 processor coupled with Mali T830-MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM/32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 32GB and 64GB storage options, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- EMUI 8.0 Hybrid based Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear panel and Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP+2MP (monochrome + RGB) rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF and LED flash.
- 13MP+2MP (monochrome + RGB) dual front camera with PDAF and f/2.0 aperture.
- 3000mAh battery with fast charging
- Dimensions: 151× 71.9 × 7.6mm and Weight: 149g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.2, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS / GLONASS, 3.5 mm audio jack, Micro USB support and NFC.
Honor 9 Lite Price And Availability
While the smartphone will be available in Black, Grey, and Blue color options, it is priced at 1199 yuan (Rs. 11,670 approx.) for the 3GB/32GB version, 1499 yuan (Rs. 14,590 approx.) for the 4GB/32GB version and 1799 yuan (Rs. 17,500 approx.) for the 4GB/64GB version. It is already available for pre-order in China and goes on sale from 26th December.
As for its availability in India, we expect the device to be launched soon.
Honor 9 Lite Review
What we like about Honor 9 Lite
- The 5.65-inch edge to edge display offers great viewing angles as well as color production, and visibility under direct sunlight is also up to the mark for multimedia consumption.
- The metallic back adds to the premium feel and oozes confidence.
- It comes with Android Oreo out of the box.
- The dual cameras on both sides of the phone are capable of capturing depth effect as well as bokeh shots.
- The camera units excel under both outdoor as well as indoor conditions and offer good detailing.
- Octa-Core Kirin 659 chipset, ample of RAM and a hardcore GPU, makes up for a great performance oriented package for heavy gaming and multitasking.
- The 3000mAh battery offers enough juice for a full day’s worth of mixed usage.
What we didn’t like about Honor 9 Lite
- No optical image optimisation.
- It comes with Micro USB rather than the newer USB Type-C.
- Pictures come out a little grainy in low lighting conditions.
Recommending the Honor 9 Lite is a no-brainer as it offers anything that one can expect from a smartphone at this price range. Moreover, when we talk about the overall package, from camera and performance capabilities to a premium design, from a clean user interface to a great display for multimedia consumption, Honor 9 Lite has got is all.