Either Xiaomi has manufactured a huge number of Redmi Note 4 smartphones or the company wants to leave a legacy behind this highest selling device in the segment. Why? Well, after selling more than 10 million units in the previous 2 months each, Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 has received a price cut in India, making it a more appealing device out of the lot.
Also Read: Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Review
With dual-rear cameras and bezel-less displays making their debut in the sub-Rs 15,000 segment, all Redmi could do was introduced the MIUI 9 which indeed has given its line-up an edge over its competition. However, to make matter even sweeter, the Chinese smartphone maker has announced a price cut for the Redmi Note 4.
After the price cut, Redmi Note 4 can be bought for Rs 11,999 and Rs 9,999 for the 4GB/64GB and 3GB/32GB variant, respectively.
Exciting news Mi Fans:
We are announcing a permanent price drop of ₹ 1,000 on India's #1 selling smartphone: #RedmiNote4. 4GB + 64GB variant now at ₹ 11,999!
— Manu Kumar Jain (@manukumarjain) November 13, 2017
Launched at Rs 13,999 for the 4GB/64GB version in January, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 comes with a 5.5-inch curved display, MIUI 9 on top of Android 7.1 Nougat and an updated 13MP rear camera. While the package now seems a little bit outdated, it’s the goodwill that Xiaomi has gathered over the years that has given it an edge over the competitors in India.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080) Full HD 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass protection, offering 1000:1 contrast ratio, up to 72% NTSC color gamut and 401 PPI.
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 SoC coupled with Adreno 506 GPU
- 2GB/3GB/4GB RAM with 32GB/64GB storage (eMMC 5.0) internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- MIUI 9 based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- 13MP rear camera with Sony IMX258/Samsung S5K3L8 sensor, PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash and f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and 85-degree wide-angle lens
- 4100mAh battery with quick charge support
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD), Fingerprint sensor and Infrared sensor
- Dimensions: 151x76x8.45mm and Weight: 175g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB Type-C support, NFC and 3.5mm audio jack.
While there is no discount on the 2GB/32GB variant, Flipkart is also offering exchange discounts and EMI offers for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. The e-commerce retailer is offering an exchange offer of up to Rs 11,000 while there is also a Buyback Guarantee offer, allowing the buyers to exchange the device.
In the Buyback Guarantee offer, if customers exchange the Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 after 6 to 8 months of usage, they will get Rs 6,500 worth of cash back on a new phone and Rs 4,700 after 9 to 12 months. However, apart from the price cut, the rest of the offers are valid from 13th November to 15th November.
Everything said and done, while we really appreciate Xiaomi for the discounts, if we keep the exchange offers aside, the device is no longer the most recommended smartphone in the segment.
If your budget is anywhere between Rs 10,000-15,000, go for the Moto G5S Plus or Xiaomi Mi A1 for the perfect blend of multimedia prowess and perform credentials.