10.or G has been launched in India with prices starting from Rs. 10999 and from what we can see, one thing is pretty sure. The Chinese smartphone manufacturer can be a near-perfect competitor of the ultimate leader in the budget segment, Xiaomi.
Since 2014, where Xiaomi entered the Indian market in 2014, a year where tech giant Google sold Motorola to Lenovo, the two said companies have been leading the Indian smartphone business. From thereon, there has not been even a single competitor that can boast of producing more VFM products from its stable.
As far as the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is concerned, the sale of mid-budget, as well as entry-level smartphones, have witnessed a huge rise, attracting companies like 10.or to try and enter the game with their respective lycans.
That said, Xiaomi is nothing but a knight where budget smartphones are concerned, hence competing with something like this in this crucial stage, is rather a bold move from 10.or.
After launching the 10.or E, which was targeted towards the entry-level segment, the company has launched its second offering called the 10.or G (Tenor G). The model will be pitted against the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Note 4, Honor 8 Lite, LG Q6, Moto G5, and the recently launched Canvas Infinity. Considering this, 10.or G (Tenor G) will have a lot of ground to cover up and truth be told, it seems like doing it in the most majestic way possible.
10.or G (Tenor G) Specifications
- Premium all-metal unibody design with curved edges
- 5.5-inch (1920 x 1080) IPS 2.5D curved display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection, offering 401 ppi.
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 626 SoC coupled with Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android Nougat 7.1.2 upgradable to Android 8.0 Oreo
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear panel and Hybrid Dual SIM (nano+nano/microSD)
- 13MP Dual rear cameras (RGB+Monochrome) with f/2.0 aperture, Dual-tone LED flash, PDAF and 1.12μm pixel size.
- 16MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED flash and Samsung sensor for selfies
- 3.5mm audio jack and dual speakers
- 4000mAh non-removable battery with fast charging support.
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS
- 10.or G (Tenor G) measures 155x76x8.5mm and weighs 170g
- Color Options: Beyond Black and Go Grey
10.or G (Tenor G) Price And Availability
The 3GB RAM AND 32GB storage version of 10.or G (Tenor G) is priced at Rs. 10,999 while the 4GB RAM and 64GB storage version can be bought for Rs. 12,999. Both models of 10.or G (Tenor G) will be available exclusively on Amazon.in from October 3rd, while the above-mentioned 10.or E will finally be up for grabs from September 29th onwards
Registrations for both smartphones have already started on Amazon.
10.or G (Tenor G) has been launched with some interesting launch offers, as well. While users will get an additional up to Rs 1000 off on exchange of their old phones, they will also get 5 bestselling books in the Kindle store worth Rs 395 for free.
10.or G (Tenor G) First Impressions
To the say the least, Chinese smartphone manufacturers have been hitting the right chord when it comes to offering ‘more for less’ and whether we talk about the battery or design, about under the hood-power or dual cameras or even the stock Android, 10.or G (Tenor G) seems like a tempting buy.
Talk about the best VFM product in the market, Xiaomi will face one of its biggest challenges in the form of 10.or G (Tenor G).
From cutting-edge hardware to high-tech features, the smartphone has ticked all the right boxes and as far as our first impressions are concerned, here is what we think: