Indian smartphone makers seem to be on a roll these days and just a couple of hours after we witnessed the launch of Kult Ambition, Micromax is here with an ambition of its own dubbed as the Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro.
As the name suggests, it is a higher end version of the Micromax Canvas Infinity which has been doing rounds of all top 5 smartphones of the year listicles focused on the mid-budget segment, going head-to-head with the likes of Redmi Note 4 and Lenovo K6 Note.
Now, the company is back with the Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro which not only promises seamless multimedia consumption but also focuses on the selfie-loving generation with a dual-camera setup at the front.
However, the kind of price tag Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro comes with, is something where interested buyers have been on a lookout for a great overall package that also promises decent performance credentials.
From the outside, the Canvas Infinity Pro does promise on meeting all the expectations but the question still remains that whether it will be able to take the India-made smartphone space at ‘level’ to its Chinese counterparts? Let’s see.
Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro Specifications
- 5.7-inch (1440 x 720) HD+ display with 2.5D curved glass, 18:9 aspect ratio, 450 nits brightness, 85% NTSC color gamut, 283 PPI and an unidentified screen protection.
- 1.5 GHz Cortex A53 Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 SoC coupled with Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) out of the box
- Dual SIM support and Fingerprint sensor at the rear panel
- 16MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 81.5-degree FOV, LED Flash and 1080p video recording
- 20MP front camera with soft LED flash autofocus, f/2.0 aperture and secondary 8MP front camera offering portrait mode, auto scene detection, face beauty, face gallery and tale album
- 3000mAh battery delivering 20 hours of talk time.
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS, USB OTG support and 3.5 mm audio jack.
Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro Price And Availability
Priced at Rs 13,999, the Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro will be available in Black color. While it will be a Flipkart exclusive just like its predecessor, the first sale is scheduled for 6th December, 2017.
At this price, users have other options like the Moto G5 Plus, Lenovo K6 Note, LG Q6 and Xiaomi Mi A1 but how does the Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro stacks up against all its competitors? Let’s take a look.
Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro Review
What We Love About The Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro
- Despite adding an extra sensor at the front, Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro still comes with the 18:9 display which is one of the best screens in the competition. From color production to viewing angles, from brightness level to contrast ratio, everything is up to the mark.
- Despite the huge size, Micromax has done a great job with the curved edges and a rough real panel which makes the whole handset easy to handle even with a single hand, although we won’t recommend such handling in most of the cases.
- The use of Stock Android is something we really love about the Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro and it is the perfect device for Android-purists.
- As for the hardware package, the is a slight bump in chipset which now comes with an SD 430 SoC which when coupled with the 4GB RAM, turns out to be one heck of a device for heavy gaming such as Asphalt 8 and Mortal Combat, and for multitasking duties with heavy apps running in the background.
- The biggest USP of the smartphone is the dual camera setup in the front which comes with a wide angle, great shutter speed and features like portrait mode, auto scene detection and Super Pixel feature which combines multiple images to offer a higher resolution image.
- Coming to the rear sensor, it is the same setup which we saw on the front panel of Canvas Infinity which in itself is one of the best sensors available in the segment, offering great pictures in overexposure, good low-lighting performance and real-time bokeh effect.
What We Miss In Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro
- At this price, Xiaomi is offering SD 625 SoC and the same goes for Moto devices.
- The 3000 mAh battery, although self-sufficient in itself, should’ve come with fast charging support.
- The front dual-camera setup takes some time to get used to as there is a host of features that are hard to find in the setting option.
- A dedicated microSD slot could have added more appeal to the device.
Micromax Canvas Infinity Pro has definitely worked on the lacking points of the non-pro version and let’s face it, this is one of the best that we have seen from an Indian maker, considering the VFM tag.
Should you buy one? It’s an easy ‘Yes’ unless you are a heavy performance user.
What do you think about Micromax’s recent approach towards the mid-budget segment? Share your thoughts in the comment section below.