With the rise of Chinese smartphone makers in India, many of the domestic manufacturers have finally started to go all in in the mid-budget segment and Micromax, the former ruler of the Indian VFM market space, seems to have found the right recipe of success.
After the launch of Micromax Canvas Infinity and Bharat 5, two of the highest selling smartphone in the sub-Rs 10,000 category, here comes the Micromax Bolt Q3001 which was recently listed on the company’s website.
For the unknown, Bolt-series smartphones by Micromax have always focused on the entry-level segment and Micromax Bolt Q3001 is no exception.
However, in days when the likes of Xiaomi Redmi 5A and Moto C Plus are offering bigger screens, great under-the-hood power, and a decent camera setup, Micromax Bolt Q3001 seems somewhat out of proportion. Moreover, since the pricing of this smartphone has not been revealed, it is safe to expect that the handset will be priced even less than the Bharat series.
Micromax Bolt Q3001 Specifications
- A polycarbonate body with metal inserts
- 4-inch TFT display having a color depth of 16.7 million colors.
- Spreadtrum SC773 quad-core processor clocked at 1.2 GHz coupled with ARM Mali 400 MP2 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 32GB of Internal Storage, expandable via microSD
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow out of the box.
- 5MP camera at the rear with f/2.2 aperture, LED Flash and 4X zoom
- 2MP front-facing camera with fixed focus
- 1400mAh non-removable battery offering 200 hours of standby time
- Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano + Nano)
- 3G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth v4.0 and Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, 3.5mm audio jack and Micro-USB Type-C
- Dimensions: 125.50 x 64.50 x 10.70 and Weight: 147 grams
Micromax Bolt Q3001 Price And Availability
While there has been no word on the pricing, Micromax Bolt Q3001 is rumored to be a global product which won’t be launched in India due to the already crowded competition.
The smartphone comes bundled with apps like Clean Master, Dr. Safety, Askme, Chaatz, Hotstar, News Hunt, Paytm, Housing, Quickr, Snapdeal, and Reverie, along with some Opera Max games.
Considering all these pre-installed apps, we can’t help but notice the package which perfectly suits the Indian market, though.
With 4GB of RAM, Micromax Bolt Q3001 has definitely been developed for multitasking duties but with a lower end processor, it is not for those who are looking for heavy usage with an entry-level smartphone.
Moreover, with a TFT display and 5MP/2MP camera setup, it is more of a secondary device than a smartphone to be used for primary usage.
Follow this space for more updates on Micromax Bolt Q3001.