It goes without saying that the entry-level smartphone segment is known for its practicality and giving the first-Android experience to buyers who are upgrading from a feature phone. Keeping this in mind, Karbonn, the Indian smartphone maker, has launched the Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 at a very attractive price tag coupled with the perfect blend of entry-level specs.
From fingerprint scanner to a 5.5-inch display, from one of the best camera credentials to a decent processor under the hood, Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 offers the best internals we have seen in this segment in a long time.
However, the USP of Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 is the humongous 4000mAh battery which is rated to offer 400 hours worth of standby time. While it is still unknown whether the device comes with a dedicated microSD card slot, it is highly likely to be present as its competitors are offering the same.
Another highlight of the Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 is the LED flash which comes with both the rear and front camera modules, but will this be enough to compete with segment leaders, the Xiaomi Redmi 5A, 10.Or D and InFocus A2? Let’s see.
Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 × 720) HD full-laminated IPS LCD display, with 16:9 aspect ratio, 2.5D curved glass, and 267.02 PPI.
- 1.3 GHz quad-core processor (Possibly the MediaTek MT6737 chipset paired with Mali-T720 GPU)
- 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, expandable up to 64GB via micro SD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) OS out of the box
- Dual SIM support and Fingerprint sensor at the rear panel
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, f/2.0 aperture and LED flash
- 8MP front camera with fixed focus, f/2.0 aperture, and Flash
- 3.5mm audio jack and FM Radio
- 4000mAh battery with no support for fast charging.
- Dimensions: 154×77.2×8.4mm and Weight: 170 grams
- 4G VoLTE, Airtel VoLTE support, Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS and micro USB support.
Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 Price And Availability
Available in Black, Coffee, and Champagne color options, the Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 is priced at Rs. 5,999 on Amazon.in. However, with an Airtel cashback offer, which is a launch offer, buyers will also get Rs. 2,000 as cashback.
While this brings Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2’s effective cost to Rs. 3,999, Rs. 500 from the cashback will be credited to the buyer after 18 months, and the rest Rs. 1,500 after a total of 36 months. However, a cumulative recharge worth Rs. 3,500 is required to become eligible for the cashback in the first 18 months and the subsequent 19-36 months.
Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 Review (First Impressions)
This has to be one of the cheapest entry-level smartphones which is offering Stock Android experience and this coupled with a long-lasting battery as well as a Flash on both sides of the Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 for low-lighting photography, makes it one of the best-packaged handsets at this price point.
Moreover, an effective price of Rs. 3,999 for a smartphone which also offers a rather good display for multimedia consumption a decent performance package for gaming and multitasking, is something hard to match for the competition.
However, if you can compromise on the battery backup in favor of brute performance, Xiaomi Redmi 5A and 10.Or D seem to be the better options.
That said, Karbonn Titanium Jumbo 2 deserves all the applause for giving its Chinese counterparts a tough fight.