10.or and Amazon have launched their first ever entry-level contender to take on the likes of Xiaomi and Lenovo-owned Moto, and it looks promising, to say the least. Dubbed as the 10.or D (pronounced as Tenor D), the smartphone has been launched under the “Crafted for Amazon” programme with some of the best mentions on the specs-sheet ever seen in this segment.
For the unknown, it was the launch of 10.or G (Tenor G) in September that brought the company into headlines due to the fact that it offered almost everything that its fiercest rival Redmi Note 4 did and also played the dual camera card along with the whole package.
Also Read: 10.or G (Tenor G) Review
Coming back to the 10.or D, the smartphone is looking to carry the same legacy of his elder sibling into the entry-level segment which is currently ruled by the Redmi 5A and Moto C Plus.
However, this segment is an altogether different game and since potential buyers are looking for devices that offer the best of smartphone world in the least, the VFM tag along with a well-rounded package is an essential ingredient for success here.
Not many have prospered in this cut-throat competition but with the 10.or D, the company might be able to give a tough fight to Xiaomi, if not dethrone the Chinese smartphone manufacturer.
10.or D Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720) HD IPS display with 2.5D curved glass, 401 PPI, and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- 64-bit Quad-Core Snapdragon 425 chipset clocked at 1.4GHz paired with Adreno 308 GPU for graphics.
- 2GB RAM/16GB storage and 3GB RAM/32GB storage variants, expandable up to 128GB via microSD.
- Dedicated microSD card slot.
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) out of the box, upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo).
- Dual SIM support and Fingerprint sensor at the rear.
- 13MP rear camera with, PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and 1.12μm pixel size.
- 5MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, fixed focus and LED flash.
- 3550mAh battery offering up to 2 days of battery life, 10 hours of Web browsing, 70 hours of MP3 playback time and 25 hours of talk time.
- Dimensions: 147 x 74.3 mm x 8.98mm and Weight: 150g
- 3.5mm audio jack, Dirac speaker, and FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS + GLONASS and USB OTG support.
10.or D Price And Availability
Priced at Rs. 4999 for the 2GB/16GB version and Rs Rs. 5,999 for the 3GB/32GB version, the 10.or D will be available in Beyond Black and Aim Gold color options exclusively from Amazon India starting from 5th January.
10.or D Review
What we like about 10.or D
- The rear panel is not slippery at all and those curved edges, along with the compact built, makes 10.or D an easy-to-use handset with one hand.
- While the display struggles a bit under direct sunlight, it is still the most vibrant one in the competition, offering good viewing angles and a reading mode. This makes for a rather great package for multimedia consumption.
- Apart from offering the purest form of Android, this is the first smartphone in this segment that promises an Android Oreo Update. Moreover, there will be no sort of bloatware and users will be able to use features like the split-screen view.
- Snapdragon 425 chipset, despite being a 2-year-old processor, is a tried and tested benchmark in this segment. Coupled with 2GB/3GB RAM and Adreno 308 GPU, 10.or D can easily handle heavy gaming and multitasking duties.
- A dedicated microSD card slot is something even Redmi 5A doesn’t come with. Users won’t have to choose between an additional SIM or expandable storage.
- The combination of 13MMP front and 5MP rear cameras is one of the best we have seen in this segment. While the rear camera excels in exposed photography, the front unit performs exceptionally well under direct sunlight.
- The whole package is backed by a dependable 3550mAh battery which can offer a full day’s worth of juice under mixed usage.
What we didn’t like about 10.or D
- No NFC support.
- Optical Image Stabilization makes it absence fell under shaky conditions.
- Nothing new in the design language.
10.or D is one of those smartphones which perfectly stands up to the expectations and while there is nothing much to differentiate it from the competition, it has an advantage of Stock Android as well as a dedicated microSD card slot.
In short, the 10.or D a practical yet beautiful workhorse that will keep you entertained.