When it comes to the entry-level segment, there rarely has been a smartphone manufacturer that has even managed to pose a challenge to the likes of Xiaomi and Lenovo. While Micromax has done a great job at the same with its Bharat 5-series, here comes InFocus A2 to further intensify the competition.
Since InFocus A2 is an entry-level offering, one should not accept features like a dual-camera setup, edge-to-edge display or a workhorse under the hood, rather its the whole package that will interest potential buyers who will be seeking the best of Android world for the most affordable price.
That said, multimedia consumption and gaming are the two areas where InFocus A2 will be judged against its competition which also the Xiaomi Redmi 5A, 10.Or D and Nokia 2 in the race to become a best-seller.
On that note, let’s see what InFocus A2 has to offer in order to compete in this ever so competitive segment.
InFocus A2 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720) FHD IPS display with 2.5D curved glass, 16:9 aspect ratio, 293.72 PPI, and an unidentified glass protection.
- Quad-Core Spreadtrum SC9832 chipset clocked at 1.3 GHz and coupled with Mali 400 MP2 GPU.
- 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, expandable with a microSD.
- Android 7.1 Nougat with the company’s own 360UI on top.
- 5MP rear camera with f/2.2 aperture, LED flash and Live Beautification modes
- 5MP front camera with fixed focus, f/2.2 aperture, and Live Beautification modes
- 2400mAh battery with no support for fast charging.
- Hybrid Dual SIM support
- Dimensions: 143.9 x 71.7 x 8.9 mm and Weight: 137g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS with GLONASS, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, FM Radio, 3.5mm audio jack and micro USB support.
InFocus A2 Price And Availability
InFocus A2 will be available in Black and Gold color options via offline mode only, which is a huge advantage for the smartphone, in itself. Price at Rs 5,199, the entry-level smartphone also comes with a cashback offer worth Rs 300 for MobiKwik users.
Apart from that, the Infocus A2 comes with an offer of up to 30GB of free data from Reliance Jio and the device can be bought from a major retailer nearby you.
InFocus A2 Review (First Impressions)
Since it is competing against the Redmi 5A and 10.Or D, both of which comes with a better chipset in form of Snapdragon 425 SoC, InFocus A2 seems a little underpowered. Also, when it comes to multimedia consumption capabilities as well as camera performance, Nokia 2 seems a better option than the InFocus A2 which doesn’t even have a fingerprint scanner.