Just as we thought we have seen the best of 2017, here comes Honor View 10 to give every major flagship smartphone maker, a run for their money. For all those who have been following Huawei’s sub-brand Honor’s recent launches, you might know this for a fact that while every major smartphone player is focusing on the hardware package, Honor is silently strengthening its AI prowess and Honor View 10 is the end result of the same.
Moreover, when it comes to performance credentials, Honor View 10 hasn’t taken a backstep either as it promises one of the best-packaged smartphones we have seen in recent past. From the OnePlus 5T to LG V30, from Moto X4 to Xiaomi’s Mi Mix 2, the year has all been about bringing flagship features to the masses and showing the big guns like Apple and Samsung the potential of a flagship at a budget.
Honor View 10 adds a couple of more things to the tally as not only does it come with an edge-to-edge display and a dual camera, two of the most sought-after in-demand features these days, but it also comes with Android Oreo out of the box and a formidable performance package.
But putting so much in an affordable smartphone has never been an easy task and since Honor View 10 is marketed as ‘your first AI phone’, we couldn’t help but go in depths of what this device has to offer.
Honor View 10 Specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 x 1080) Full HD+ display with 18:9 FullView ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 407 ppi, 77.0% screen-to-body ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 10nm processor clocked at 1.8 GHz plus an i7 co-processor coupled with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU for graphics.
- 6GB RAM with 128GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD.
- Emotion UI 8.0 based Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box.
- Hybrid Dual SIM and Fingerprint scanner at the front.
- IP67 rating for water and dust resistance.
- 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome) rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, CAF, LED flash and 4K video recording.
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, fixed focus, wide angle lens, Face Unlock and screen flash.
- 3750 mAh battery with 5V/4.5A Super Charge support.
- Dimensions: 157 × 74.98 × 6.97mm and Weight: 172g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2 LE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C support, NFC and 3.5mm headphone jack.
Honor View 10 Price And Features
The Honor View 10 will be available in Black and Blue color options and is priced at 499 Euros (US$ 589 and Rs. 37,955 roughly) in Europe and £449 in the UK. the smartphone will be launched in countries like United Kingdom, France, India, Italy, Germany, Russia, Spain and the United States from January 8, 2018.
As for Honor View 10’s price in India, we should know the exact pricing of the smartphone in the coming days or on the day of its launch.
Honor View 10 Review (First Impressions)
- Just as Samsung’s Exynos chipsets, Honor majorly focuses on its home-grown Kirin processor and as far as the combination of Octa-Core 970 plus i7 co-processor is concerned, we have already seen its potential in the Honor V10 which is giving the likes of OnePlus 5T and LG G6, a run for their money.
- The 6GB RAM, 128GB of internal storage and Mali-G72 MP12 GPU, makes for a gaming and multitasking heaven for heavy users.
- 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome) camera setup promises good shutter speed, color production and instant focus on distant objects while offering ample of detailing in the pictures.
- The AI engine offers, A.I motion detection and smart camera features apart from the Real-Time Scene to bifurcate 13 different types of scenes as well as objects and automatically adjust them into the camera settings to shoot in any environment.
- The neural processing unit (NPU) for Artificial Intelligence as well as machine learning related functions definitely helps Honor View 10 stand out from the competition.
- Excellence is what you should expect from the 5.99-inch display and while doesn’t offer details like its AMOLED counterparts, we really like the fact that it comes with good viewing angles and brightness levels for outdoor usage.
- While the Emotion UI 8.0 will take some time to get used to, the presence of Android Oreo and all its stock features will definitely more than make-up for the somewhat cluttered user interface.
While the Honor View 10 does struggle with a familiar design, the overall package looks premium and the presence of AI enabled features in almost every component of the device, completely justifies its ‘your first AI phone’ tag.