Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017 has been launched in India as a Flipkart exclusive with a price tag of Rs 16,900 and after the not-well-known success of the 2016 edition, the Korean smartphone manufacturer has tried every hard to up the ante this time.
Last week, we witnessed the launch of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+, which are going to take on the heavyweight segment against the likes of iPhone 7, Google Pixel and the recently launched LG G6. But the highlight of this launch spree was the introduction of Galaxy C7 Pro, earlier this month. This is the smartphone that can work wonders for Samsung in India and is further one of the best VFM handsets at Rs 27,990.
This time though, the company has decided to target a segment where we have seen cut-throat competition in the last couple of months and i.e. the sub-Rs 20,000 segment. The knight that Samsung is betting on is the Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017.
Well for starters, Galaxy On Nxt 2017 comes with a full-metal unibody design, making it mirror the premium feel of other high-end devices. Secondly, Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017 comes with a tried and test front and rear camera package but when it comes to competition, Lenovo Z2 Plus has been the leader in this segment and there hasn’t been a device capable of dethroning it in a long time. So, let’s see what Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017 has to offer and how it stand against the competition.
Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017 Specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD (1920 x 1080 pixels) display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass protection
- 1.6 GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor coupled with ARM Mali T830 MP1 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- 13MP primary camera with f/1.9 aperture, PDAF and LED flash
- 8 MP rear camera with a f/1.9 aperture and capable of recording 1080p videos
- Android 6.0 Marshmallow OS
- Fingerprint scanner embedded in home button
- 3,300 mAh non-removable battery with fast charging and up to 21 hours of talk time
- Dual SIM (Dual Standby), 4G LTE, Wi-Fi Direct, Wi-Fi (802.11 b/g/n 2.4GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, Beidou, GLONASS, MicroUSB port, S Secure, Proximity Sensor, and Accelerometer.
What we like in Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017
- The 13MP primary camera and 8 MP rear camera is one of the best units in this segment, giving detailed pictures in both outdoor and low lighting conditions.
- Full metal body and the 5.5-inch display oozes out premium from every angle. Moreover, direct sunlight visibility is way better than some of the other smartphones in this segment.
- 1.6 GHz octa-core Exynos 7870 processor, ARM Mali T830 MP1 GPU, 3GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage is more than enough for a matured or light user.
- 3,300 mAh battery with quick charge support offers ample of juice for a day, thanks to the Power Planning feature.
What we miss in Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Although the hardware is a well-rounded package, we have seen better specs and hardcore devices in this segment.
- When it comes to Value for money, Lenovo Z2 Plus and Moto G5 Plus offer better proportions.
- A Snapdragon 635 SoC could have done wonders for Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017
Samsung Galaxy On Nxt 2017 is way better than the last year’s model but it faces cut-throat competition from Lenovo Z2 Plus, Moto G5 Plus and Xiaomi Redmi Note 4. For heavy users, this is definitely not the smartphone to look out for and for matured ones, if Samsung as a brand really appeals to you, Galaxy On Nxt 2017 is worth a try. But we will still recommend Lenovo Z2 Plus over it.