Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro has been launched in India with a price-tag of Rs 27,990 exclusively on Amazon and seems like the Korean smartphone manufacturer has finally decided to target the middleweight segment after the launch of Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8+.
With a plethora of performance capabilities under the hood and exceptional multimedia experience, Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro ticks all the right boxes. It looks like Samsung is on a launching spree as just a couple of days ago, Samsung Galaxy J3 Pro was launched in India and with the addition of Galaxy C7 Pro to the arsenal, it’s time for smartphone manufacturers to compete with the middleweight champions, Oppo F3 Plus, Vivo V5 Plus, and Motorola Moto Z Play.
Moreover, a recent report has also suggested that Samsung is one of the most trusted brands in India and this should prove fruitful in for the success of Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro. however, when it comes to competition, another Knight is just standing a couple of thousands ahead of the Galaxy C7 Pro and it is the OnePlus 3T.
While OnePlus has tasted a huge success in India, but it has its share of deformities in the eyes of VFM lovers. Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro, on the other hand, delivers the best package of performance with multimedia experience and let’s see what the device has in its backpack to compete in the already crowded segment.
Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro Specifications
- 5.7-inch (1080×1920 pixels) Super AMOLED Full HD 2.5D Curved Glass display with 386 PPI, protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 4.
- 2.2 GHz octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 626 (MSM8953) with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256 GB with microSD card
- 16 MP rear camera with Dual LED flash, Phase-detection Autofocus (PDAF) and f/1.9 aperture
- 16 MP front camera with f/1.9 aperture
- Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow with Samsung’s TouchWiz UI on top
- Fingerprint sensor embedded into its home button
- Always-on display, Full-metal unibody, dual-SIM (Nano-SIM) and Samsung Pay support
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging support (100 percent in 100 minutes)
- 4G LTE, VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth, GPS, NFC, reversible USB-C port, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, digital compass, gyroscope, and proximity sensor.
What We Like in Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro
- The hardware, comprising of Snapdragon 626 SoC, 4GB RAM, 64GB of internal memory and Adreno 506 GPU, is more than enough for any power user out there. The smartphone will never struggle with lags and frame drops while multitasking and gaming.
- While Samsung has always given us one of the best rear camera experiences, it’s the 16 MP front camera that impresses us the most here. The unit can even put selfie-centric phones such as Vivo V5 Plus and Oppo F3 Plus to shame. It’s even the same unit that can be seen on the much expensive Galaxy C9 Pro.
- Sturdy built and sleek design
What We Miss in Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro
- Android 7.0 Nougat
- Considering the Always-On screen, a bigger battery could have been offered.
- If Samsung wants to go against selfie-centric mid-budget smartphones, a front flash could have been a welcomed feature.
- Pixel Per Inch (PPI) could have been better
Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro has all the bells and whistles needed to compete with the likes of Oppo F3 Plus, Vivo V5 Plus, Motorola Moto Z Play and OnePlus 3 but it’s the price that could hold the, otherwise exceptional, smartphone back.
However, it’s been ages since we have seen a Value For Money device from Samsung and if you have had enough of the Chinese manufacturers, Samsung Galaxy C7 Pro is the safest bet for you.
Galaxy C7 Pro will be available Navy Blue and Gold colour options. The device will retail exclusively on Amazon.in from April 11, 2017, at a price of Rs 27,990.