Nokia 8, which HDM Global’s take on OnePlus 5 and even the likes of Samsung Galaxy S8, LG G6 as well as the recently launched Moto X4, has been launched in India with an unbelievably attractive price tag of Rs 36,999.
One of the biggest highlights of Nokia 8 is the 13-megapixel dual rear cameras, where one is a color sensor and the other is a monochrome sensor for low light capturing and dedicated black and white photography, as well. It also comes with ZEISS optics and OIS.
Nokia 8 has an organic full aluminum unibody design, made out from a single piece of 6000 series aluminum and polished into a luxury mirror finish. Combining the 3 microphones, Nokia acoustic technology, Nokia OZO spatial 360-degree audio, Nokia 8 can capture the sound in incredible detail while allowing playback on the smartphone, YouTube as well as other supporting devices.
Nokia 8 Specifications
- Full 6000 series aluminum unibody design, polished into a luxury mirror finish.
- 5.3-inch (2560×1440) Quad HD LCD display with 700 nits brightness and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, offering 554ppi.
- 2.5GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 SoC coupled with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM and 64GB (UFS 2.1) of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat), upgradable to Android Oreo
- 13MP (Colour) primary rear camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, ZEISS optics, dual-tone LED flash, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size and IR rangefinder
- 13MP autofocus front camera which comes with ZEISS optics, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size and 78.4˚ wide-angle lens.
- Fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button and Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD)
- 3090mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1, GPS/ GLONASS, NFC
- 3.5mm headphone jack, 3 microphones, and Nokia OZO 360° spatial surround sound
- Nokia 8 measures 151.5 x 73.7 x 7.9 mm
- Color Options: Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, and Steel color
Nokia 8 Price And Availability
From October 14, Nokia 8 will be available on Amazon India, Croma, Sangeetha Mobiles, Reliance, Poorvika, and BigC, along with other offline stores for Rs Rs 36,999.
Nokia 8 Review
Neither does the Nokia 8 come with full IP68 dust nor with water resistance or wireless charging or even stereo speakers which are some credible features we would have wanted in this device, however, with a killer price, HMD Global has made sure that the omissions in Nokia 8 do not really matter. In fact, with looks modern of a modern smartphone and retaining the soul of Nokias of old, the Nokia 8 has just hit the right cord.
Yes, the edge-to-edge display is a feature we do miss but neither does its direct rival OnePlus 5 comes with it, so it’s all good for the Nokia 8.
Read Our Detailed Nokia 8 Review Here.
Coming to the points thing that HDM Global has been looking to market its Nokia devices with, the Stock Android experience, a sturdy built, the ever so reliable ZEISS optics and top-of-the-line specifications, Nokia 8 seems to be a no-brainer at all.
However, one might argue the fact that there are competitors offering way more than the Nokia 8 but the truth is, no one can ever match the iconic presence as well as the nostalgia that this smartphone comes with, which in turn completely justifies the price-tag.