Nokia 2, HMD Global’s first entry-level smartphone in the Nokia-series has finally been launched in India after being unveiled last month and while it was launched at 99 Euros (Rs. 7465 approx) in Europe, it is price way more competitively in India and will take on the likes of Redmi 4A, Redmi Y1 Lite, and Moto C Plus.
Apart from being the most affordable smartphone from HMD Global, the Nokia 2 is targeted towards users who are looking to upgrade to the Android world and need a device that offers efficient battery backup with the ability of smooth everyday usage.
Also Read: Nokia 8 Review
However, when compared to the competition, the Nokia 2 does seem a little underpowered when it comes to the chipset and RAM but what makes this device stand out, is the Stock Android experience as well as the best-in-segment cameras.
That said, the nostalgia value seems to have added up in the price tag and while we won’t say that Nokia 2 doesn’t deserve this treatment, the entry-level segment has been one of the most competitive Android-powered smartphone category and users often go for the best package available.
So does Nokia 2 comes with every needed bell and whistle to do the unthinkable? Let’s see!!
Nokia 2 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720) HD LCD LTPS In-Cell Touch display offering 217 PPI and protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 3.
- Quad-core Snapdragon 212 SoC clocked at 1.3 GHz coupled with Adreno 304 GPU
- 1GB RAM and 8GB of internal memory, expandable with microSD up to 128GB.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box, upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dedicated microSD slot and Dual SIM support
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, LED Flash, PDAF, and 1.12um
- 5MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, fixed focus, and wide angle lens
- 4100mAh battery with no fast charging support.
- 3.5mm audio jack and FM radio with RDS
- Splash-proof (IP52) rating
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 71.3 x 9.30 mm
- 4G VoLTE, GPS/ A-GPS, Bluetooth v4.1, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n and Micro-USB support
Nokia 2 Price And Availability
Priced at Rs 6,999, the Nokia 2 will be available in Pewter Black, Copper Black, and Pewter White color options. It will go on sale through all leading retail stores across India from November 24, 2017.
Nokia 2 buyers will get 45GB of additional 4G data (5GB per month for 9 months) on the recharge of Rs 309 from Reliance Jio or above till August 31. Along with this, buyers will be eligible for a complimentary 12-month Accidental Damage Insurance from Servify on opening the Kotak 811 savings account as well as activating it with an introductory deposit of Rs 1,000.
Nokia 2 Review
- The biggest highlight of this smartphone is its 4100mAh battery that can give up to 2 days worth of juice on mixed usage, however, there is no fast charging support to compliment it but considering the price tag, we weren’t expecting the same either.
- Next up is the display and camera setup with offers segment-leading results as the Nokia 2 continues to shine in its niche of the old age.
- Stock Android is another great feature of this device and one the Android Oreo update is rolled-out, Nokia 2 could become the most affordable smartphone with the new OS, as well.
- That said, it too comes with its own share of letdowns like the smallest SD chipset in the segment and just 1GB of RAM, but it offers some other features that cover up these drawbacks, which you can read in our detailed Nokia 2 Review, here.
If you are looking to upgrade to the smartphone world and Stock Android experience, as well as media consumption, can be a deal breaker for you, Nokia 2 is what you should go for. However, if you are looking for a perfect performance package at the same budget, we’ll still recommend the Redmi Y1 Lite.