LG G6 will finally be launched in India and Europe on 24th April 2017 and the smartphone manufacturer has already sent out media invites for the Indian event scheduled at 11:30 IST. exact pricing details for LG G6 will be announced on the day itself but the smartphone is already registered on the company’s official website for pre-booking and we expect LG G6 to be priced anything between Rs 52,000-55,000.
LG G6 pre-bookings offers include Rs 7000 worth of cash back and a 50% discount on Tone Active+. The smartphone will go head to head with the recently launched Samsung Galaxy S8 in India and by the looks of it, it os going to be a fight between the good-looking yet performance oriented one and a smartphone that has everything to prove to the world.
Samsung Galaxy S8 has already made a mark globally after getting over a million pre-bookings and LG G6 will have to do some hard work in order to find it’s own space between the likes of iPhone 7, Google Pixel, Samsung Galaxy S8 and yet to be launched Apple’s iPhone 8.
But that we should leave on Monday itself as there is no point in comparing these devices without the pricing details and we should shift our focus on what can we get on the launch day of LG G6.
LG G6 Specifications
- 5.7-inch 18:9 QHD+ FullVision Display (2880 x 1440 / 564ppi)
- 2.35Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 821 Processor
- 4GB LPDDR4 RAM, 32GB or 64GB of internal storage with MicroSD support (up to 2TB)
- Dual rear camera with a 13MP Wide shooter (F2.4 / 125°) and a 13MP primary camera with OIS 2.0 (F1.8 / 71°) and Dual LED Flash
- 5MP Wide (F2.2 / 100°) Front Camera
- 3,300mAh (embedded) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Android 7.0 Nougat OS
- Measurement: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm, Weight: 163g
- 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a, b, g, n, ac / Bluetooth 4.2 BLE / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)
- Colors: Astro Black, Ice Platinum, Mystic White
- Other features: Water and Dust Resistant (IP68), Fingerprint Sensor, UX 6.0, Dolby Vision, HDR10 and 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC
Yesterday, when Samsung Galaxy S8 was launched with an Exynos 8895 SoC rather than the newly developed Snapdragon 835 chipset, it was one of the biggest jolts to our expectations and now a premium smartphone with Snapdragon SoC is finally here but it is the 821 version. Why this happens with the Indian consumers always, even Xiaomi Mi 6, which is priced at almost half of what LG G6 and Samsung’s new flagship are priced at, will be launching the Indian version with a Snapdragon 835 chipset.
However, when it comes to performance, hardware, design and multimedia package of LG G6 and Samsung Galaxy S8, both are able to hammer each other in one way or another, and it’s the price tag of LG G6 that will decide a clear winner in this competition.
So stay tuned for LG G6’s official launch and we will soon come up with an in-depth comparison.