Xiaomi Mi 6 was finally unveiled during an event in Beijing and the smartphone have stayed true to all its leaks and rumors in the past. Xiaomi Mi 6 was by far one the most anticipated handset and this absolutely stunning device has been launched at a starting price of 2499 Yuan (approx Rs 23,400).
Xiaomi Mi 6 will be available in three storage options i.e. 64GB, 128GB as well as a four-sided curved ceramic body variant with 18K gold-plated camera rims at the back. The Xiaomi Mi 6 Ceramic also comes with 128GB of internal storage and the one thing that we really appreciate here is, all the three variants are backed by 6GB RAM, making it easy to choose according to our usage.
Much has been said about Xiaomi Mi 6 in the past and this smartphone is a very important addition to the Chinese manufacturer’s line-up as the company is looking for reclaiming the numero uno position in China. As for India, Xiaomi Mi 6 will be launched in a couple of months and man, it will definitely dismantle the whole mod-budget smartphone segment.
Xiaomi Mi 6 Specifications
- 5.15-inch (1920×1080 pixels) Full HD display with 94.4% NTSC color gamut, 600 nits brightness and 1500:1 contrast ratio
- 64-bit 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 10nm processor with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS) of internal storage
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 8 on top
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Splash resistant
- 12MP rear camera with 1.25μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, dual-tone LED flash, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording. Secondary 12MP camera with 1.0 μm pixel size, 52mm portrait lens and f/2.6 aperture
- 8MP front-facing camera
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor and Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 145.17x 70.49×7.45 mm; Weight: 168g / 182g (ceramic)
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO ), NFC and USB Type-C
- 3350 mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0, 18W fast charging
What’s Good in Xiaomi Mi 6
- The 5.15-inch display has reduced glare to decrease eye-strain. The Mi 5 sized display boasts 600 nit brightness coupled with 94.4 percent NTSC color gamut, producing accurate image reproduction.
- Four-sided 3D glass feature adds to the premium appeal which is aptly supported by sides that are made from stainless steel.
- Ultrasonic Fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button tops benchmarks
- 4-bit 2.45GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 SoC, Adreno 540 GPU and 6GB of RAM is the best hardware package in the industry right now. It doesn’t matter if you are a heavy user or a matured one, Xiaomi Mi 6 will never disappoint you, be it in gaming or multitasking.
- The 12MP dual rear camera comes with a wide-angle lens, a telephoto lens, bokeh-style photography option, 10x digital zoom, 2x lossless zoom and optical image stabilization (OIS). A camera setup like this was only seen in the iPhone 7 and Xiaomi Mi 6 have even better the more premium smartphone in this department.
What We Miss In Xiaomi Mi 6
- There is no headphone jack on the Mi 6 and while a camera setup like iPhone 7 is a welcomed feature, why the hell Xiaomi copied something from Apple that was not even appreciated last year.
- 3350 mAh can last up to a full day of heavy usage and due to the new chipset, the smartphone uses less juice but going by Xiaomi’s standards, we expected more battery backup.
- While the rear camera is a masterpiece, the front 8MP camera has nothing special to talk about.
- Despite Xiaomi Mi 6 being Splash resistant, an IP68 rating is what be expected.
Xiaomi Mi 6 is by far the best smartphone which has been launched by any of the Chinese manufacturers and it has all the bells and whistles to kill every premium smartphone current present in the market. For those, who don’t don’t have the pocket to buy a Samsung Galaxy S8, which was also launched in India today, or an iPhone 7, Xiaomi Mi 6 should be the best buy, hell, you don’t even need to buy any other smartphone if you are planning for Xiaomi Mi 6.
However, the biggest let down is the exclusion of a headphone jack and this is the only reason that might hit the sales of this device but on the other end, the ever increasing demand of Bluetooth headset might be a plus point for Xiaomi Mi 6.
The flagship device has been launched in China as for now in purple, white and black color options and as for the Indian market, we might be able to get our hands on Xiaomi Mi 6 in a couple of months, if the company decides to go the similar strategy they opted with Mi 5.