After launching the Honor 8 Pro last year which went head-to-head against the OnePlus 5 with its premium flagship specifications and a VFM tag, here comes the Honor View 10 to take on its competitors latest irritation, known as the OnePlus 5T.
Launched in China in December last year, Honor View 10 is the new mid-budget flagship from the Huawei-owned smartphone manufacturer which is banking on its bezel-less display, dual camera setup and Artificial Intelligence capabilities, all of which the OnePlus 5T also comes with.
For all those who have been regressively following Huawei’s recent launches, they might know this for a fact that where every major smartphone manufacturer is focusing on the hardware package, Huawei’s sub-brand Honor is silently strengthening its AI prowess, Honor View 10 being the end result of the same.
While the specs-sheet of Honor View 10 is at par with the likes of OnePlus 5T, Nokia 8 and Mi Mix 2, it edges past the three with its exceptional AI capabilities.
The AI engine of the View 10 offers A.I motion detection and smart camera features along with Real-Time Scene to bifurcate 13 types of scenes and objects to help automatically adjust them into the camera settings in order to shoot in any environment.
The neural processing unit (NPU) backs the Artificial Intelligence engine for machine learning related functions which definitely makes Honor View 10 stand out from the competition.
Apart from the AI capabilities, edge-to-edge display and dual-cameras, the Honor View 10 also comes with Android Oreo out-of-the-box and dual processors which makes it a formidable performance package.
Honor View 10 Specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 x 1080) Full HD+ FullView display with 18:9 aspect ratio, 77.0% screen-to-body ratio, 2.5D curved glass, 407 PPI, and Corning Gorilla Glass protection.
- 1.8 GHz Octa-Core Huawei Kirin 970 SoC plus an i7 co-processor paired with Mali-G72 MP12 GPU for graphics.
- 6GB of RAM with 128GB of internal memory, expandable via microSD up to 256GB.
- Android 8.0 (Oreo) out of the box with Emotion UI 8.0 on top.
- IP67 rating for water and dust resistance.
- Hybrid Dual SIM and Fingerprint scanner at the front.
- 16MP (RGB) + 20MP (Monochrome) dual rear cameras with f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, CAF, and 4K video recording.
- 13MP front camera with fixed focus,f/2.0 aperture, wide angle lens, screen flash and Face Unlock
- 3750 mAh non-removable battery with 5V/4.5A Super Charger.
- Measurement: 157 × 74.98 × 6.97mm and Weighs 172g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.2 LE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz/5GHz), USB Type-C support, 3.5mm headphone jack, GPS/GLONASS and NFC.
Honor View 10 Price In India And Availability
Priced at Rs 29,999, Honor View 10 will be available in India from 8th January exclusively via Amazon in Black and Blue color options. While the smartphone will come bundled with a 9v-2Ampere Quick charger, a protective case, standard USB Type-C cable and a pre-attached screen-guard, it is already up for registration and pre-orders on the e-commerce website.
Read Our Honor View 10 Review Here.
Back when flagship smartphones asked for a hell lot of money, in came OnePlus with a concept of ‘Flagship Killers’ which offers all of the important tits and bits of a flagship smartphone but asks for a fraction of the price.
Following the same approach, Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has launched the View 10 which is the perfect successor to Honor 8 Pro and a formidable competitor for OnePlus 5T.
The battle of best affordable flagships has caught fire, once again.