Huawei’s sub-brand Honor has been on a roll in India and has launched more than a couple of smartphones for potential buyers in almost every segment, be it the Honor 8 Pro or Honor 6X or the recently introduced four-camera smartphone, Honor 9i.
However, as nothing lasts forever, here comes the Honor Holly 4 Plus with nothing new to offer and a price tag at which the market has an inclination towards, bezel-less screen, dual cameras, and a powerful processor.
For the unknown, the device was launched as Enjoy 7 Plus in China in April this year and as Y7 Prime in global markets in June, and truth to be told, it was one of the most unattractive launched at the time but as it makes a touchdown in India, we can’t help but unravel how Honor Holly 4 Plus can compete with the likes of Lenovo K8 Note, Moto G5S, 10.or G, Xiaomi Mi A1 and LG Q6, all of which has a stand out feature to offer its audience.
Honor Holly 4 Plus Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720) HD 2.5D curved glass display offering 16:9 aspect ratio and 267 PPI.
- 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 435 SoC clocked at 1.4GHz with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB RAM and 32GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with EMUI 5.1 on top.
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD) and Fingerprint sensor
- 12MP rear camera with PDAF, LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture and 1.25μm pixel size, supporting slow-motion, Pro mode and time-lapse.
- 8MP front camera with fixed focus and f/2.0 aperture
- 4000mAh non-removable battery with fast charging
- Dimensions:153.6 x 76.4 x 8.35mm and Weight: 165g
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1 LE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS / GLONASS, USB Type-C support and 3.5mm audio jack
Honor Holly 4 Plus Price And Availability
The Honor Holly 4 Plus has been made available through all offline channels in Grey, Gold and Silver colors with a price tag of Rs. 13,999. For the unknown, Honor 6X, a dual-camera smartphone from the same stable is available at Rs 12,999 which has made us doubt Huawei’s strategies for India. That said, the latter is only available via online retailers which could differentiate the two smartphones from each other, when it comes to asking price.
Honor Holly 4 Plus Review (First Impressions)
- As marketed by Huawei, Honor Holly 4 Plus indeed has a rather well balanced rear camera that does a great job under low-lighting conditions, thanks to the 1.25μm pixel size. Moreover, it what can be considered some stand-out features, slow-mo, and time-lapse options have been infused via a software update.
- As for the 8MP front camera, this one of the ‘two’ areas where Honor Holly 4 Plus has an edge over its competitors as it offers exceptional results with great detail as well as minimal grains.
- The 5.5-inch display has nothing new to offer as it comes with ‘just enough’ brightness levels and good viewing angles.
- Coming to the performance package, this is where we think Holly 4 Plus lacks behind. At this price point, competitors have been offering the 600-series SD chipsets which offer both more power and efficiency at the same time.
- Having said that, 3GB RAM, Adreno 505 GPU and 32GB of storage can easily provide enough power as well as stability while multitasking and heavy gaming, coupled with a dependable 4000mAh battery.
- While the unimetal built did leave us impressed but as a package, we were not compelled even a little bit to recommend Honor Holly 4 Plus to our readers.
For More Such Topics, Click Here.