After announcing the Google Pixel 2 XL back in October, the tech-giant has started taking orders for its flagship starting from today, 15 November 2017 in India. For the unknown, Pixel 2 and 2 XL are Google’s take on the flagship smartphone segment and competes with the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note 8 and iPhone 8.
In days when the competition is getting almost all-screen and is offering dual-rear camera setup, Google Pixel 2 XL has been able to hold its ground with a single sensor on the rear panel. As for the display, it comes with a 6-inch with 100000:1 super contrast ratio offering one of the best brightness levels in the competition.
However, within hours of its launch, the Google Pixel 2 XL was highly criticised for not offering in-demand features while doing away with the 3.5 mm jack, but as we dwelled into the details and checked the smartphone to its core, we were more than satisfied with the overall package.
Google Pixel 2 XL Specifications
- 6-inch (2880 x 1440) Quad HD+ pOLED display with 100% DCI-P3 coverage and 100000:1 super contrast ratio.
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Chipset coupled with Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 64GB/128GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 8.0 Oreo out of the box
- 12.2MP camera at the rear with f/1.8 aperture, OIS, EIS, laser + dual pixel phase detection, 1.4μm pixel size, LED flash, 4K video recording at 30fps and Motion Photos.
- 8MP front camera with fixed focus, 1.4μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, and Motion Photos
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear panel and Stereo front-firing speakers
- Water and Dust Resistant (IP67 rating)
- 3520mAh battery with fast charging (No wireless charging)
- Dimensions: 157.9 x 76.7 x 7.9mm and Weight; 175g
- 4G VoLTE, GPS, Bluetooth 5 LE, WiFi 802.11ac 2x2MIMO (2.4/5 GHz), USB Type-C and NFC support.
Google Pixel 2 XL Price And Availability In India
The Google Pixel 2 XL is priced at Rs. 73,000 in India for the 64GB storage variant and Rs. 82,000 for the 128GB variant. The smartphone is available in Just Black, and Black and White color options via both online and offline stores i.e Flipkart, Reliance Digital, Poorvika, Croma, Sangeetha Mobiles and Vijay Sales to name a few.
There are several financing offers that Google has introduced with the Pixel 2 XL such as a full 2-year warranty for HDFC Bank and Bajaj Finance users. On buying either of the Pixel phones from Flipkart, HDFC Bank Credit Cards users will get Rs 8,000 cashback on EMI transactions while Axis bank users will get 5 percent discount on buzz credit cards.
Flipkart is offering an additional Rs.7100 discount on the exchange of old Pixel and Pixel XL models during the purchase of Pixel 2 and Pixel 2 XL smartphones.
Google Pixel 2 XL Review
Google Pixel 2 XL indeed feels on the pricey side and most of its marquee features are somewhat of a software update rather than a hardware evolution. And if the absence of headphone jack and wireless charging is taken into consideration, things get tough for Google Pixel 2 XL to stand out in the competition which also includes Samsung Galaxy S8 and LG V30.
For A Detailed Google Pixel 2 XL Review, Click Here.
That said, when we take the iPhone 8 Plus as well as the iPhone X into consideration, the ball definitely is in Google Pixel 2 XL’s court which has a more realistic price tag coupled with class-leading specs to offer.