While the world is waiting for Apple’s launch event where iPhone 8 and iPhone X are expected to be unveiled, the company’s one of the biggest competitors, Samsung has made a touchdown in India with its next flagship, the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 which comes with a price tag of Rs 67,900.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 is the successor of the now defunct Galaxy Note 7 and was first unveiled by Samsung on August 11 at its unpacked event in New York City. In India, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be available from September 21 while pre-orders have begun from today itself, for both online and offline buying and it will be available in Midnight Black and Maple Gold color options in India.
As far as online buying is concerned, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 will be exclusive to Samsung’s own store as well as Amazon India and will ship in with a USB connector, micro-USB to USB Type-C converter, AKG-tuned headphones, fast charging adapter and a clear protective case.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 comes with a huge 6.3-inch Infinity Display which comes with 18.5:9 aspect ratio, S Pen support which is better than ever and a dual rear camera setup which is the first on any Samsung smartphone till date, makes this device one of the biggest launched of the year in India.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Specifications
- 6.3-inch Quad HD+ (2960 × 1440) Super AMOLED Infinity display which comes with 18.5:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, offering 522ppi.
- Octa-Core Samsung Exynos 9 Series 8895 SoC coupled with Mali-G71 MP20 GPU.
- 6GB LPDDR4 RAM and 64GB of internal storage options, which is expandable up to 256GB via microSD.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box with Samsung’s own TouchWiz UI on top.
- Fingerprint scanner at the rear and Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP Dual Pixel rear camera with f/1.7 aperture, LED Flash, wide-angle lens, OIS and a secondary 12MP sensor with f/2.4 aperture, OIS, telephoto lens, 2x optical zoom and up to 10x digital zoom.
- An 8MP auto focus front shooter with a wide-angle lens and f/1.7 aperture.
- Both cameras come with the support of 4K video recording at 30fps, 1080p HD video at 30fps and 60 fps, and 720p HD recording at 30fps.
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging both on wired and wireless (WPC and PMA).
- Water and dust resistant (IP68 rating)
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Heart Rate Sensor, Barometer, Proximity Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Pressure Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor and Iris Sensor.
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v 5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps), Wi-Fi 802.11ac (2.4/5GHz), GPS with GLONASS, VHT80 MU-MIMO, USB Type-C 3.1, NFC and MST.
- Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Dimensions:162.5 x 74.8 x 8.6mm; Weight: 195g.
- Color Options: Midnight Black and Maple Gold
While the S Pen stylus is also IP68-certified and can withstand immersion in up to 1.5 meters of water, same is the case with the phone, for up to 30 minutes.
To Read Our Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Review, Click Here.
As part of the introductory offer, on pre-booking the Samsung Galaxy Note 8, users will get a one-time screen replacement offer as well as a free convertible wireless charger, while there’s a special launch offer for HDFC Credit Card users of Rs 4,000 cash back.
In addition, Samsung Galaxy Note 8 customers will get a Double Data offer on Jio, under which will get up to 448 GB of extra 4G data for a period of 8 months, as well as the Jio Prime Membership.
The South Korean company also announced a ‘Samsung Upgrade’ program offer, where interested buyers can exchange their old smartphones for the Samsung Galaxy Note 8.