Weather change has a drastic effect on health, dawn turns from beauty to disaster. If one gets a cough, the day begins with sneezing, feverish feeling and tiredness, in short the whole day get ruined. So, is there a way to tackle morning blues? How to get rid of that gnawing pain in the head? Well, it is not a tough terrain to cross. We are here to help you with some Rapid Remedies to ensure you can get some relief from that nagging cough and cold, earlier our DADI’s and NANI’s used to share remedies to keep us safe from weather change, and now we have taken responsibility to revive some from golden tips and methods from the box of ancient wisdom.
8. Our old age ‘Desi Nuskha’ gargling with salt water. The saline solution will reduce the soreness and it will also help you to expel bacteria from the mouth.
7. Grandma’s always used ample amount of garlic in food during winters, especially in ‘tadka’. Garlic is rich in compound allicin which hinders the development of bacterial and viral infections.
6. Ginger: Drink Ginger ale or boil it in water and drink it, the taste may be pungent; however for health one can bear it. Ginger is high in gingerol which has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties.
5. Blow your nose properly. Yes, we don’t blow our nose properly; the technique is to hold one nostril while you blow gently to clear the other nostril.
4. Use the power of steam: Loose your congested nose by the power of steam. Hold your head over a pot of boiling water and cover your head with a towel and breathe slowly. However be careful don’t burn your skin while doing it.
3. Lemon + Honey in warm water: Honey has anti-inflammatory effects. This liquid gold acts like a natural vaccine. Also, as it is an excellent source of natural energy, as it contains unprocessed sugar-fructose and glucose. With honey, lemon does wonder to skin and health. Lemon has high potassium and Vitamin C content, which helps in checking cold.
2. Sip and relish warm green tea: Green tea is rich in antioxidants; drink it regularly so it will keep the amino acid L-theanine (it has anti-anxiety effects) in check. It has less caffeine than coffee.
1. A Hot cup of Soup: Soup of your choice, the relief will be instant. Drink hot chicken soup or tomato soup or vegetable soup. It will keep fluids in check and it will be a combo of packed nutrients with low fat. It will be full of nutrients and vitamins. Make sure you are sipping homemade soup.
Hope you will stay fit and healthy and don’t forget the crucial thing is to have an active lifestyle. Exercise keeps hormones in balance and increase the stamina. So, stay healthy, stay happy.
18 Nov, 2015