Table of Contents
Does your body feel much fatigued? Have you been witnessing heavy breaths? Thinking that proper rest would be the solution!
Anemia is a condition when the number of red blood cells in the body decreases. This primarily occurs when the level of a blood pigment called haemoglobin decreases.
Haemoglobin is a protein in the RBC’s which does the task of carrying oxygen to all the tissues of the body. If the level falls, the body doesn’t receive enough oxygen for all the life processes.
People suffering from anemia are in constant search of ways of how to treat anemia. For example, sickle cell anemia treatment requires the patient to consume specific medicines or take oxygen therapy.
Anemia has become one of the most prominent and common blood condition in the world. According to a report, one-third of the world’s population suffers from some type of anemia.
The most common group of people suffering from it are women, children and people with some long term disorders.
Some varieties of anemia are passed onto the next generation with the off-springs suffering from it by birth. Women are at a higher risk of suffering from it due to the loss of blood during periods and higher blood demands during pregnancy and thus require proven methods of how to treat anemia.
Anaemia has a variety of symptoms such as dizziness, lightheadedness, faster heartbeat, headache, breathing problems, severe pain in the body and cold body.
How To Treat Anemia
The perfect answer to ‘how to treat anemia’ lies in the type of anemia you are suffering from. The condition is of more than 400 types and is classified into 3 groups:
- Caused by Blood loss
- Caused by faulty or decreased blood cells
- Caused by the destruction of blood cells
Different Types of Treatments For Anemia
Each type of anemia demands different treatments due to their different causes. Below are some of the Answer of How to Treat Anemia for various types are:
1. The treatment for Vitamin deficiency anemia requires dietary supplements and injections for Vitamin B-12.
2. Aplastic anemia requires medications and blood transfusions or bone marrow transplant in which a donor donates his stem cells.
3. Anemia caused by blood loss might require surgery to find and fix the bleeding.
4. Haemolytic anemia needs medicines for holding the immune system.
5. In Iron deficiency anemia, iron supplements and changing the diet may be quite beneficial.
6. Sickle cell anemia treatment includes folic acid supplements, painkillers, oxygen therapy or intermittent antibiotics. This is a type of anemia in which the red blood cells are crescent-shaped which resembles a sickle. A medicine called voxelator can help to keep the red blood cells in their shape.
7. If Thalassemia is severe, you may need blood transfusions, surgery or a bone marrow transplant.
Home Remedies For Anemia – How To Treat Anemia
Some common home remedies can also be beneficial to a great extent for treating anemia such as:
1. Higher intake of Vitamin C
Due to the weakness anemia causes, sufficient doses of Vitamin C can help in strengthening yourself and also increasing the absorption of iron.
2. Consuming more green vegetables
It’s an age-old belief that green vegetables are good for health and it is a proven fact. The higher content of iron in spinach, broccoli and celery is a good remedy for anemia.
3. Drink more juices
Certain juices such as pomegranate and beetroot act as blood purifiers. Pomegranates are rich in iron content and minerals like copper and potassium.
4. Better diet
A better diet consisting of iron-rich foods can be quite beneficial. Food items such as green leafy vegetables, nuts and seeds, fish, tofu, eggs, dried fruits, white or red meats. A good diet can be very helpful in sickle cell anemia treatment and other types of anemia.
Anemia is a very common condition and is caused by the lower production of haemoglobin. There is no fixed answer of how to treat anemia, everything depends on the type of disorder. Some of the types however require specialised treatments and some are without treatment. The best solution is consulting a doctor if you feel some fatigue, restlessness or heavy breaths.