Momos have to be one of the most enjoyed and capitalized food items in North India, at least in Delhi. People here are crazy about this dish which is why you’ll be able to find a momos stall every 250 m. Moreover, due to all the love that this item receives, people have started experimenting with it, from tandoori to butter chicken to makhni to chocolate momos, there’s too much choice to choose from. And, if you’re also someone who just loves these items as much as we do, then you might have at least once wondered, how to make momos and how to make momos chutney?
While some might think that it’s a very complicated dish to excel, let’s prove you wrong. You can easily make momos at home with the help of some easy-to-find ingredients and passion for momos. We’ll go through both the veg recipe and the non-veg momos recipe in this piece, along with the spicy and delicious momos chutney recipe.
Preparation Time Required: 10 minutes
Overall Cooking Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35-40 minutes
Number of Momos prepared: 12
You’ll be required to make the dough and stuffing separately in this how to make momos recipe.
Ingredients For Dough
- 1/2 cup Maida flour
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
- Water for kneading
- Oil to grease
Ingredients For Momos Stuffing
- 3 tablespoon oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 small ginger, finely chopped
- 3-4 chilies finely chopped
- 4 tablespoon spring onion
- 1 cup grated carrot
- 2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1/2 tablespoon crushed pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
How To Make Momos Stuffing
1. Heat 3 tsp oil and add garlic, ginger and chilly and then sauté it on high flame.
2. Add spring onion and sauté for two minutes and then add the carrot and cabbage to the mix on high flame.
3. Add pepper and salt, and if required add any other vegetable of your choice
4. Stir fry well for 5 minutes and the stuffing is prepared!
How To Make Momos Balls
1. Take a small dough ball, and after dusting with Maida, flatten it thin.
2. It should be rolled in a circular fashion.
3. Add a tablespoon of the stuffing to the dough.
4. Gather it in the middle and then seal the dough from the top tightly.
After it is prepared, put the momos in a steamer and steam them for 10-12 minutes until they look shiny on the top and not raw.
Suggested Read: Delicious & Easy To Make Indian Vegan Snacks
How To Make Momos Chutney
1. Boil 3 cups of water in a pan. And as it boils, add 2 medium or large tomatoes and 3-4 dry red chilies.
2. Boil it on a medium flame and cook for 8-9 minutes.
3. Strain the water out and let it cool.
4. Peel the upper skin of the tomatoes and blend them in a jar and add 1 tablespoon chopped garlic, 1/4 tablespoon black pepper.
5. Add 1/2 tablespoon sugar and blend it well to get a fine mixture of momos chutney.
Serve it with the hot momos to experience heaven in your mouth. You can also add mayonnaise to the chutney and it’ll enhance the taste of the momos even better.
If you’re more of a non-veg momos kind of a person, then there isn’t much difference in the procedure, but the ingredients will differ a little to cook the chicken nicely. Here are some changes you will be required to do to in the veg momos procedure, to make the non-veg ones:
- In the dough, add half a teaspoon of baking powder.
- Stuffing will have chicken now!
- Add a cup of minced chicken and also add 1/2 tablespoons of soya sauce and garlic paste, keeping other ingredients as they were. Fill it up in the dough balls, and steam again!
You have with you the tastiest non-veg momos that you can serve with mayonnaise and the same chutney we prepared earlier.
Suggested Read: How to Make Fried Rice
This was an easy-to-follow and delicious guide on how to make momos and how to make momos chutney. The entire procedure might require some time to reach it to perfection, but trust us, once you’re there you will not want to go anywhere else.