The air has become briskier already and the leaves begin to change their color. Winter is already halfway here and we all know how hard it can be to survive the chill. It’s better to keep yourself warm and beautiful and with that freezing temperature it is hard in actuality. There are many things you need to take care of but you can not, your dry skin, cold clothes and bed, frozen beauty products etc. The cold weather may not always get the best out of you but it’s worthwhile to keep some simple and handy life hacks in mind. These life hacks can be your saviour for winter so you can fully enjoy the coldest months of the year.
1. Take shorter, lukewarm showers. You’ll avoid getting dry skin.
2. Leave your window shades and blinds open in the daytime to let the sun naturally heat the house.
3. Put a hot water bottle or two in your bed just before you climb in, and you won’t be getting in a cold bed anymore.
4. Put your pajamas on your hot water bottle, so they’re warm when you pull them on.
5. Before you put on eyeliner, hold the end of the pencil between two fingers for about 20 seconds. This will warm it enough so it will apply much easier than when it is cold.
6. Wear cotton gloves over your hands after you moisturize. This will help lock the moisture into your skin.
7. Get out in the natural light. It will boost your mood even if it seems gloomy.
8. Run a cheap razor over a pilly sweater to remove those gross bunches of fibers.
9. Cut out wool insoles for extra warmth.
17 Sep 2015
Avni S. Singh