You can hide your yellow nails all you want under that flawless coat of your expensive nail color, however, the truth remains the same, they are close to ugly and you are utmost embarrassed about them. Those yellow nails can be a result of your careless hygiene routine or a serious health problem. A doctor can solve the latter reason but, we can certainly help you whiten yellow nails.
Most of us almost never realize that our little habits are costing us our natural beauty. We love designing over our fingernails and why not, it’s an art and it knows no boundaries. We often forget that on the contrary our body do has limits.
It is always advised before applying your nail color put a base coat on your nails, so that color does not damage your nails and leave stains over, yet most of us do not follow it. Applying a base coat creates a barrier between your nails and harmful color of the nail paint, which prevents your nail from getting blemished. If you don’t ensure this, over a period of time, your nail color turns pale and leaves your heart broken. No amount of cotton balls and scrub can make those yellow dingy nails shine bright, however, this one home treatment can help whiten yellow nails.
If the staining is mild then you can get rid of it by scrubbing regularly.
How To Whiten Yellow Nails
1. Take 3-4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide and mix it with one-half cup of warm water.
2. Now stir it well and leave it for two minutes.
3. Make sure you have removed any sort of base or nail color from your nails.
4. now dip your nails in the solution for 3 to 4 minutes.
5. Take a soft, clean toothbrush and start scrubbing your nails. Re-dip your nails in the solution and buff then 3 to 4 times.
6. Rinse your hands with normal water and apply some lotion. Preferably aloe vera.
For better results make sure that you repeat the process 2 to 3 times a week and soon your nails will retain their original color.
An important tip – Always pay attention to the dye content of your nail color and if you are too much into darker hues, such as -purples, blues, deep reds, and black, never ever forget to apply a base coat or else you will always have to follow this regime to whiten yellow nails.