Mobikwik was launched in 2009, offering a mobile-based payment system to its users and one of the first movers in the industry, which is currently the backbone of Indian urban user’s preferred way of spending. However, with the introduction of new platforms being launched in the market in the last few years, Mobikwik had taken a back seat in user’s mind, and the thought is going to be even more prominent with the news of the recent data breach scandal that took Mobikwik’s 3.5 million users data on sale on the darknet. This has resulted in various users trying to identify the easy and fastest ways on how to delete Mobikwik account permanently.
The user data that has gone to sale under this breach includes the user’s KYC details, Aadhar Card Number, address, phone numbers, and other important details, making this the largest KYC data breach ever in history.
The news about this data breach was first made in February by security researcher Rajshekhar Rajaharia who shared the news on Twitter. He mentioned that over 11 crore Indian cardholder’s data has been leaked in the breach, from the company’s server. While in February, Mobikwik denied all these claims and called the allegations baseless, on Monday a link to this data sale on the dark web has been spotted by various users, reaffirming the claims and putting millions of user’s data on sale.
If you have also made an account on Mobikwik ever in your life then this is the right time to look out for how to delete Mobikwik account permanently.
Here are different options on how to delete Mobikwik account:
1. Fill out a support ticket on Mobikwik’s website and get in touch with the customer executive or virtual assistant provided by the company.
2. You will need to make your request under the account deactivation bracket. Be clear in your request as to why you would like to delete your Mobikwik account. Then submit your ticket to the team.
3. Soon, the support team will get back to you and you can give the information required to delete your account permanently. You will get a confirmation on the same through an SMS or e-mail.
4. The remaining balance on your Mobikwik account will be transferred back to your account within a few days of the account being deleted.
There are few things that you need to keep in mind while going ahead with the process.
– Be clear in your support ticket that you would want the company to delete all your data as part of your account being deleted from the platform.
– You can also transfer all the money from your Mobikwik wallet to your account beforehand to limit the possibilities of any further problems.
– You can also directly send an email to [email protected] with a message to delete your account and data from the platform permanently and to get back to you with the same, upon successful completion.
Also Read: How To Encrypt Your Smartphone?
So, here was all you need to know on how to delete Mobikwik account fast and securely, along with all the current news on the Mobikwik data breach. Considering it is one of the largest KYC breaches ever, the company will certainly be under a lot of scrutiny from the government and a stringent investigation on the same should also be carried out.