ZOPO Color X 5.5 has been launched in India and it will be available through all offline stores with a price-tag of Rs 11,999. In order to expand its ‘Color Series’ of smartphones, ZOPO Color X 5.5 has been launched within weeks of the Chinese manufacturer’s official debut with Flash X Plus.
The biggest selling point that this smartphone has, is the 365 days of replacement guarantee in case of any hardware malfunction which is a rare thing in this segment. Hell, it’s even rare across every segment. Another plus point that ZOPO Color X 5.5 is its fingerprint scanner. Yes, you heard it right. ZOPO has managed to do something that even prominent leaders such as Xiaomi and Lenovo have not managed to do.
ZOPO Color X 5.5 comes with a “One Button Access” feature which is supported by the front-facing fingerprint scanner (embedded in home button) with a 3600 sense. This unique feature allows a user to control everything with the touch of a single button. You can unlock the device with a slight tap, one tap to go back, double tap to return to home and a long tab to open recently used apps.
Other than that, there is nothing special in ZOPO Color X 5.5 when it comes to competition, but it’s the price that might result in a considerable amount of units sold.
ZOPO Color X 5.5 Specifications
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display
- 64-bit 1.3GHz Quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor with Mali-T720 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) OS with CoolUI 8.0
- Dual SIM
- 8MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.2 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash
- Fingerprint scanner that takes 0.3 seconds to unlock
- Dimensions: 155 x 77.8 x 8.7mm; Weight: 166g
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 2500mAh battery (6 Hours of talktime)
- Colour options: Royale Gold, Orchid Gold, Space Grey and Charcoal Black
What we like in ZOPO Color X 5.5
- A host of beauty modes in the rear camera setup and gesture as well as smile mode for the selfie camera coupled with front LED flash.
- 365 days replacement warranty
- The hardware package will offer one par performances both while multitasking and heavy gaming.
- A fresh metal design rather than a copied one
What we miss in ZOPO Color X 5.5
- Considering the 2500mAh battery, they should have given quick charge support.
- While the hardware performance will be more than enough, it still lacks the power of Snapdragon SoC.
- We have seen better cameras in this segment
- Since Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) OS with CoolUI 8.0 being one of the heavily customized Android skin, it comes with a lot of bloatware.
- 16GB of internal memory is not just enough
The Mid-budget smartphone segment is one of the least forgiving ones and we still have better options such as Redmi Note 4, Motorola Moto G5, Lenovo K6 Power. All these smartphones offer exceptional performance and pleasing multimedia experience. Moreover, you can go for the recently launched Coolpad Cool 1 Dual, which comes with 3GB of RAM and is a great option to at Rs. 10,999. It is also the cheapest smartphone to offer a dual camera at the rear.
As for ZOPO Color X 5.5, it deserves a credit for being one of the best attempts we have seen from any other Chinese smartphone manufacturer while entering Indian Market and there is no doubt that ZOPO will come hard next time to haunt the current Lycans in this segment. But for now, ZOPO Color X 5.5 is not just worth it.