What does it take to produce a great smartphone? Class-leading specs, premium hardware, and a bang-for-buck price tag right? Well, Xiaomi knows this recipe and the Chinese manufacturer is here with the Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 to change the face of the game called ‘Ultimate Smartphones’.
That said, last year, when Mi Mix came out as a proof of bezel-less smartphones’ future, it was nothing but a piece of art. To carry on the legacy, this time around, the Chinese manufacturer has infused class leading specs, a beautiful design, and high-end hardware to make Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 a perfect package of all the good things.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Specifications
- 5.99-inch (2160 × 1080) Full HD+ 18:9 display with DCI-P3 color gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 4 Protection and offering 403 PPI.
- 64-bit Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 SoC clocked at 2.45GHz with Adreno 540 GPU
- 6GB RAM with 128GB of internal storage (non-expandable)
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MIUI 9 on top, upgradable to Android Oreo
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, dual-tone LED flash, 1.25μm pixel size, 4K video recording, and 4-axis OIS.
- 5MP front-facing fixed focus camera with facial recognition and 1080p video recording.
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear and Dual SIM (nano + nano).
- Facial recognition and 50mW high power speaker with sound guided tube for better audio experience.
- 3400mAh (non-removable) battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support
- Dimensions: 151.8x 75.5 ×7.7 mm; Weight: 185g
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (2×2 MU-MIMO), Support for 6 modes and 43 bands, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou and USB Type-C support.
With no top bezel to house the earpiece, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 uses a ‘hidden sound-guided speaker’ that resonates all the sounds via the display as well as frame. The smartphone bears a ceramic body coupled with 7-Series aluminum frame as well as an 18K gold plated camera ring at the rear panel.(Talk about beauty!!)
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Price And Availability
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 is offered in a single Black colored ceramic + aluminum based body and is priced at Rs. 35,999 for the 6GB/128GB storage variant, however, the Special Edition version featuring an all-ceramic body as well as 8GB of RAM has failed to make its way to India.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 2 will be available exclusively via Flipkart and mi.com from October 17th. From the first week of November, it will also be available from Mi Home as well as other retail stores offline. Xiaomi is also offering 0% interest EMI-based scheme across all the platforms.
To read our Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 Review, Click Here.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 is notably the company’s most expensive smartphone in India to date and considering what it brings to the table, we won’t be needing a justification for that. Moreover, what the likes of Samsung Galaxy Note 8, the LG V30 and even Apple’s recently launched iPhone X, have been marketing with a sky-touching price-tag, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 offers all those things, sans a dual-camera, at a more VFM tag.
However, Rs. 35,999 is still a lot of money and when you’re paying so much, you expect nothing but the best there is with absolutely no margin for error. That said, Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 does have some minor drawbacks like an out-of-date software and mediocre cameras, however, if you consider the practicality at this price point, you’re looking for a collector’s edition smartphone that boasts all screen glory.
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 looks gorgeous, feels premium, has an above average display, outstanding all-around performance credentials and a good battery life to support all that. Everything you’d expect from a high-end smartphone in this segment.