Vivo X20 and Vivo X20 Plus have been launched in China, after much speculation, with prices starting from 2998 yuan (Rs. 29510 approx.) and these smartphones are an attempt by the Chinese manufacturer to enter the Bezel-Less display market which has been witnessing a huge demand in the mid-budget segment.
When it comes to Vivo smartphone, the one thing that the line-up has always missed is the performance credentials but with a powerful SD chipset, the Chinese manufacturer has tried to make amends. But it might have been too late as the likes of OnePlus 5, Honor 8 Pro and even the Moto X4 have made their mark in the segment with enough under the hood power as well as hardware for media consumption to begin their respective reigns.
However, none of them comes with a near bezel-less edge-to-edge display and do Vivo X20 and X20 Plus have what it takes to stand out in the competition? Let’s see.
Vivo X20 Plus Specifications
- 6.43-inch (2160 x 1080) Full HD+ 18: 9 Super AMOLED display With Corning Gorilla Glass Protection, offering 376 PPI.
- 2.2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 660 14nm SoC coupled with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4B RAM and 64GB of internal memory, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Funtouch OS 3.2 based on Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, HDR, OIS and secondary 5MP camera with PDAF, with dual pixel technology, 0.03s dual focus, capable of producing bokeh effects and shooting slow-mo videos
- 12MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture, soft LED flash, wide angle lens and a new beautification mode.
- Facial recognition for unlocking (Face Wake)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD) and Fingerprint sensor at the rear
- 3905 mAh battery with fast charging
- 3.5mm audio jack and ES9318 DAC for audio output
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 5.0, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4 GHz + 5 GHz) and GPS
- Vivo X20 Plus Dimensions: 165.32×80.09x 7.45mm; Weight: 181.5g
- Color Options: Gold, Rose Gold, and Matte Black
As far as the Vivo X20 is concerned, it features a 6.01-inch (2160 x 1080) Full HD+ Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display offering 18: 9 aspect ratio and a smaller 3245 mAh battery with fast charging. Other than that, Vivo X20 and X20 Plus offer the same specifications.
Vivo X20 and X20 Plus Price And Availability
The X20 is priced at 2998 yuan (Rs. 29510 approx.) for the 64GB storage version while the special edition 128GB version will cost you 3398 yuan (Rs. 33448 approx.). The Vivo X20 Plus comes in a single variant priced at 3498 yuan (Rs. 34428 approx.).
Vivo X20 and X20 Plus will be available for order from September 22nd and will go on sale in China from September 30th. There has been no word about their launch in other countries but considering the recent rise in demand for bezel-less smartphones at a budget in India, Vivo X20 and X20 Plus are expected to launch in the country soon.
- Vivo has always been one of the market leaders offering the best cameras at a budget and Vivo X20 and X20 Plus are no exception. Both the rear as well as front cameras produce crisp and detailed shots in outdoors and indoor conditions.
- Full HD+ 18: 9 Super AMOLED display is a work of the art and it offers great viewing angles and visibility under reflective conditions. There is also a reading mode for media content consumers.
- As far as multimedia consumption is concerned, Vivo X20 and X20 Plus will offer almost a day worth of battery power under heavy usage.
- For gaming enthusiasts, while the SD 660 is no flagship chipset, it still comes with great credentials and that coupled with the 4GB RAM and Android 7.0, results in seamless multitasking and heavy gaming.
- The fun touch UI might feel a little clutter to stock android users.
Vivo X20 and X20 Plus might seem to be on a pricier side considering that the OnePlus 5 is priced in a similar segment while the Honor 8 Pro comes with an, even more, VFM tag. But these two smartphones from Vivo can be considered the most well-rounded devices from the Chinese manufacturer’s stable.