Vivo V7 Plus has been launched in India with a price tag of Rs. 21,990 and will be made available via both online and offline channels. Interestingly, this is the first smartphone to come with Snapdragon 450 and the chipset is known for its lower power consumption while eradicating lags simultaneously.
However, the other thing, like all Vivo smartphones, Vivo V7 Plus excels in, is its camera capabilities and since the Chinese manufacturer has been leading companies like Xiaomi and Lenovo behind in sales figures, we also expected the Vivo V7 Plus to offer one of the best VFM as well as rounded package for both multi media consumption as well as performance users.
With the 5.99-inch FullView display, Vivo V7 Plus also compete with the likes of Micromax Canvas Infinity and LG Q6 but since it comes with a higher asking price, there are a lot of smartphones that are waiting to bite Vivo V7 Plus the moment it comes for retailing.
But does Vivo V7 Plus manages to stand out among the same? Let’s see!!
Vivo V7 Plus Specifications
- Unimetal body with plastic inserts
- 5.99-inch (1440 x 720) 18:9 FullView 2.5D curved glass display protected with Corning Gorilla Glass 3, offering 268 ppi
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 450 14nm Chipset coupled with Adreno 506 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB with microSD
- Android 7.1 (Nougat) based on Funtouch OS 3.2
- Fingerprint sensor at the rear and Dual SIM
- 16MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, 1080p video recordings and OmniVision OV16880 sensor.
- 24MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture and LED flash
- Camera Modes: Portrait bokeh mode, Photo Watermark, Voice, Palm and Gender detection, HDR, Ultra HD, Live photo, PPT, Professional, Slow Motion, Face Beauty, Time-Lapse, Panorama, Group Selfie and inbuilt Camera Filters
- 3225 mAh built-in battery with 2.0A charger
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio and AK4376A Hi-Fi audio chip
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), GPS + GLONASS.
- Vivo V7 Plus Dimensions: 155.87 × 75.7 × 7.7mm; Weight: 160g
- Color Options: Matte Black, Gold, and Rose Gold
What we like about Vivo V7 Plus
- Dedicated microSD card slot
- The almost bezel less display feels premium and offers great viewing angles as well as visibility under sunlight.
- Split screen option for enhanced multitasking.
- Camera quality, as expected, is better than most of the competition. While the rear camera does the job by offering output with minimum noise, the shutter speed is also very good.
- The front 24MP camera is a thing of beauty and for those who like to update everything on social media, this is a dream come true.
- The SD 450 and 4GB RAM is enough for multitasking with heavy applications and moderate gaming.
What we didn’t like about Vivo V7 Plus
- No support for 4K videos
- Heavy Funtouch OS 3.2 with quite a lot of bloatware.
- No fast charging support.
- The rear camera struggles in low lighting conditions.
- For those who need a performance oriented smartphone, Vivo V7 Plus might feel a little sluggish.
As an overall device, Vivo V7 Plus is just another selfie centric smartphone from the company which lacks behind in performance credential and low battery backup, keeping in mind the heavy users. However, if you are one of those who like to click a lot of selfies and needs a smartphone for basic multitasking, Vivo V7 Plus might appeal to you but if heavy gaming is your major time pass, look elsewhere and you might get what you need at a lower price.