The year 2017 saw almost every smartphone maker launching its mid-budget contender to go against the likes of OnePlus 5T and Honor 8 Pro but the kind of package that these two handsets have to offer, it’s hard to match the set benchmarks.
However, Sony has played another card with the Sony Xperia XZS which has just received a massive price cut, and by massive we mean ‘Massive’.
For the unknown, Sony Xperia XZS was launched in April 2017 with a new flagship design from the company and an updated camera. Earlier, the handset was priced at Rs 49,990 which took it to the premium flagship segment where the likes of Samsung and LG had a couple of formidable packages to offer.
However, Sony Xperia XZS, in itself, was a great smartphone which sported THE best single sensor camera at that range but as the world was moving towards bezel-less and dual-camera smartphones, the XZS lost its charm.
But after this price cut, one thing is for sure, Sony Xperia XZS will sell in huge numbers as there is still a huge fanbase that the company boasts of. Before dwelling into further details, let’s take a look at what the smartphone has to offer.
Sony Xperia XZS Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1920 x 1080) Triluminos Display with X-Reality, sRGB 138%, and Dynamic Contrast Enhancer.
- 64-bit Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 14nm processor paired with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) out of the box, upgradable to Android Oreo.
- Dual SIM support and a fingerprint scanner embedded in the power button.
- Water Resistant (IP68 rating)
- 19MP rear camera with Predictive and Laser autofocus, 1/2.3″ sensor, Exmos RS sensor, f/2.0 lens, 5-axis stabilization, 4K video recording and 960fps slow-motion video support.
- 13MP front camera with 22mm wide-angle f/2.0 lens, 1/3” Exmor RS sensor, and 1080p video recording
- Digital Noise Cancelling, DSEE HX and LDAC
- 2900mAh non-removable Battery with Qnovo’s Adaptive Charging technology
- Dimensions: 146 x 72 x 8.1 mm and Weight: 161 grams
- 4G LTE, Bluetooth v4.2,WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz) MIMO, GPS/ GLONASS, USB Type-C and NFC support.
Sony Xperia XZS Price And Availability
After receiving a huge price cut of Rs 13591, Sony Xperia XZS is now available for Rs 36399 in Warm Silver, Ice Blue, and Black color options.
While interested buyers can buy the Xperia XZS via registered Sony retail partners, the smartphone will also be available via offline mode.
Also Read: Sony Xperia XZS Review
In our review, we found out that the Sony Xperia XZS has an exceptional camera, a sturdy built as well as a hardware which will never let you down, however, the battery and asking price were the two drawbacks that put this edged blade in the backdrop of this fierce competition.
For some reason, we really liked what Sony Xperia XZS had to offer in the start of this year, however, as the year proceeded, we witnessed a spree of smartphone launches that offer way more than what XZS does.
However, considering the fanbase that the company enjoys, after this price cut, Sony Xperia XZS has finally become a VFM smartphone for those who are looking for Multimedia consumption.