Since December 2017, the South Korean electronics giant has been teasing the Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime which is touted to be the company’s biggest bet in the Indian mid-budget smartphone space.
Just a couple of days earlier, we got to know that Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime will be an Amazon India exclusive and can be launched in the first half of January 2018. However, now the e-commerce platform has revealed all the detailed specifications about the upcoming mid-budget smartphone and from what we see, the Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime is indeed going to the best offering in the ‘On’ by the company.
Pipped against the likes of Xiaomi Mi A1 and Moto G5S Plus, the upcoming handset from Samsung will become the first ever ‘On-series’ smartphone to support Samsung Pay Mini, which is a stripped down version of Samsung Pay, which we have seen in flagships devices from the South Korean manufacturer.
With Pay Mini, Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime users will be able to make instant payments using UPI technology and other Indian digital wallet apps like Paytm.
Other than that, Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime will also come with a hardcore performance-oriented hardware and a perfectly molded package for multimedia consumption, while the presence both makes for the best-rounded smartphones in this segment.
Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime Specifications
- 5.5-inch full-HD (1080×1920) display with 2.5D Curved Glass, 401 PPI, 16:9 aspect ratio and Corning Gorilla Glass Protection
- 64-bit octa-core Exynos 7870 processor clocked at 1.6 GHz along with ARM Mali-T830 MP2 GPU for graphics
- 3GB RAM with 32GB of internal storage and 4GB RAM with 64GB of internal storage options, both expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Samsung’s own UI on top
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, f/1.9 aperture, dual-tone LED Flash and 5P lens.
- 13 MP front camera with fixed focus, f/1.9 aperture, and Screen Flash.
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD) and Fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button.
- 3300mAh battery with fast charging
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v5.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS/GLONASS, Micro USB 2.0 support and 3.5mm audio jack.
While there has been no word and the pricing and launch date of Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime, the company is hosting an event in New Delhi on 10th January and we expect the mid-budget handset to be launched along with the Samsung Galaxy A8+ (2018), which will go against the likes of OnePlus 5T and Nokia 8.
As for our expectations and first impressions, it seems like we would have to wait a little longer to see dual-camera setup making a debut in Samsung’s lineup close to Rs 15000 in India. Moreover, while every smartphone player is looking to launch its new offerings with Android Oreo, Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime will still come with Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.
Coming to its performance credentials, we expect Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime to be the perfect gaming and multitasking smartphone at this price point which also promises great camera capabilities, especially under low-lighting conditions.
Follow this space for more details about the Samsung Galaxy On7 Prime.