Reliance JioPhone has been the talk of the town since its unveiling at Reliance Industries 40th AGM and the fact that it comes with an effective price of rupees zero, the JioPhone is said to bring a revolution of some sorts to the feature phone segment.
It’s been days since when people are wondering about the capital capabilities of the Reliance JioPhone and since today is the day when its pre-bookings begin, the company has unveiled the detailed list of JioPhone specifications, an expandable memory of 128Gb being the highlight of them all.
Reliance JioPhone Specifications
- 6.09cm (2.4-inch) QVGA (320 x 240) display
- 1.2GHz Dual Core SPRD 9820A/QC8905 Chipset Coupled With Mali-400 GPU @ 512MHz for graphics.
- 512MB RAM and 4GB of internal storage, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Operating System: KAI OS
- 2MP rear camera and 0.3MP VGA front snapper, both support video recording.
- Single Nano SIM Slot
- Color: Black
- 2000 mAh Li-Po battery with 12 hours talk time and 15 Days of standby.
- Box Contents: Handset, Charger Adaptor, Removable Battery, SIM Card, Quick Service Guide and Warranty card.
- Music Player: MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WB-AMR, AMR, MIDI, OGG Wireless
- Video Player: 720p, MPEG4, h.263, h.264
- 4G VoLTE, LTE Cat4 True, FM Radio, Wi-Fi, NFC, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS, USB 2.0, Microsoft Exchange email support
- 22 Indian official languages support: Gujarati, Hindi, Kashmiri, Kannada, Konkani, Maithili, Manipuri, Malayalam, Marathi, Nepali, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Oriya, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu and Urdu
- JIO Apps Support: MyJio, JioTV, JioCinema, JioChat, JioMusic and JioXpressNews
- Voice Assistant capable of searching (English and Hindi) Composing SMS, Google searching, launching an app and call connect.
- TV Connection Via JioMediaCable.
The unlimited data and voice calls plan for JioPhone will come at a price of Rs 153 per month with a FUP limit of 500MB per day and if you need more information regarding the available plans, Watch the following video.
While NFC support is added to the JioPhone, there is still no word about WhatsApp support and moreover, the JioPhone is going to be a Single SIM feature phone.
How to Book Reliance JioPhone?
- Pre-bookings will start from 5 pm today and interested buyers can head to Jio.com and it can also be done via MyJio App, for which you will need an active Jio connection.
- You can also head to Jio retailers as well as multi-brand device retailers such as the Reliance Digital stores for offline bookings.
- At the time of booking, users will have to pay Rs 500 while the rest Rs 1000 have to be paid at the time of delivery.
- Payment for pre-booking the device can be made via Paytm, JioMoney, credit card, debit card as well as net banking.
- JioPhone users can use the Reliance JioPhone for 36 months after which they will have to return the device for a full refund of the security deposit of Rs. 1,500.
If you are booking the Reliance JioPhone for someone else, enter the phone number of the recipient as they will be able to track their booked phone/s. Moreover, in this case, both the person booking the phone and the recipient will be receiving an SMS of confirmation after payment.