With the exponential advancement in laptop technology, the need for a bigger battery has increased significantly over the years as well as portable chargers for Laptop. Due to the bigger screen, greater processing power and the size of laptop batteries has increased over 40% in the last 5 years. With that, the average charging time is also rising which limits the entire use case for laptops. Moreover, due to the lockdown and work from home scenarios, we are learning the importance of keeping our work on the go and with us, at all times. Hence, the need for good and lasting portable chargers for laptops is also on the rise, which is what we’re covering in this piece.
Earlier portable chargers used to be very bulky and went against their primary feature of being portable. However, these days, due to the Li-Po (lithium polymer) batteries, the size and weight of portable chargers have been reduced and the power output has increased significantly.
We have ranked the top 6 portable chargers for laptops, based on their power output, body, weight and pricing.
1st is the Coosh 20000mAh portable external battery charger with USB and universal laptop adapters – METAL BODY
- The Coosh is one of the best rated external battery chargers in the market and one of the best portable chargers for laptop.
- It has a capacity of 20,000mAh with an LED battery level indicator.
- The charger comes with an output of DC 12V/4A,16V/3.5A,19V/3A and USB 5V/2.1A, and with a DC voltage selector switch, also supporting 10 different DC connectors
- It weighs about 562 g
2nd is the Anker 2nd gen Astro pro2 20000mAh 4-port aluminium portable charger external battery
- This is the second-generation model of Astro Pro 2 from Anker which was equally popular
- It comes with a capacity of 20000mAh and an LCD display for battery power level
- It has an output of 3 x USB 5V ports with an auto fast charge up to 3A to DC Output 9/12V.,
- Its dimensions are 11.3 x 16.8 x 1.7 cm and it weighs around 508 g.
3rd is the XTPower MP-50000 power bank with an external battery pack of 52,800mAh- DC
- It has overcharge protection, discharge protection and short circuit protection.
- It has a capacity of 52800mAh.
- It has an output of 2x USB 5V 2.1/1A with a 9V, 12V, 16V, 19V and 20V (4A max) at 80W max.
- Its dimensions are 215x80x57mm and it weighs around 1385 grams.
4th is the OXA Frosted box F2 20000mAh black high capacity external battery charger
- It has a capacity of 20,000mAh with more than 500 recharge cycles and 4 LED battery level indicator
- It comes with an output of 1DC 19V/3.5A port and 1 USB 5V/500mA-2000mA port; 1 Input of 19V/3.5A with 10 DC Power connectors and 5 Phone connectors.
- Its dimensions are 7.7×4.8 x 0.6 inches and weigh around 680 grams.
5th is the RAVPower Xtreme 23000mAh portable charger power bank external battery pack
- It has enough juice to charge an iPhone 12 times, a Galaxy S4 7 times and a tablet several times, moreover, 3-4 full charges of your laptop, making it one of the best portable chargers for laptop in the market.
- It has a capacity of 23,000mAh.
- It has an output of USB 1 5V 1A, USB 2 5V 2.5A and DC Output of 9V, 12V, 16V, 19V, 20V
- Its dimensions are 185 x 124 x 19mm.
6th is the Anker astro pro2 20000mAh multi-voltage portable charger
- It has a capacity of 20,000mAh with over 500 recharge cycles and 4 LED battery level indicator.
- It has an output of DC for Laptop (12V/16V/19V) and 1 USB port of 5V
- Its Dimensions are 184 x 124 x 15mm
These were some of the best portable chargers for laptops in the market with great output and capacity. Moreover, you can use these same chargers for your phones, tablets and laptops, to help you be on the go at all times.