After launching the Nokia 3, Nokia 5 and Nokia 6 models in India back in June, HMD Global has now launched the 3GB RAM version of the Nokia 5 with a slight bump in its price as well. For the unknown, while Nokia 6 has been the highest selling smartphone in the mid-budget segment from the company’s stable, there have been some who often looked forward towards the launch of a 3GB RAM version of Nokia 5 which now makes the device, even more, Value for Money than its higher-end brother.
To recall, Nokia 5 with 2GB of RAM was priced at Rs. 12,499 and HMD Global, recently made headlines with the global launch of its cheapest Android smartphone Nokia 2. While handset will be available mid-November in India, the company is looking to give a boost to its sales figures with the new version of Nokia 5.
Nokia 5 Specifications
- 5.2-inch (1280 x 720) HD IPS 2.5D display protected by Corning Gorilla Glass, and offering 500 nits brightness and 282 PPI.
- 1.4 GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 SoC coupled with Adreno 505 GPU
- 3GB/2GB RAM and 16GB of internal memory, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) OS out of the box
- Dual SIM support and Fingerprint scanner embedded in the home button
- 13MP rear camera with PDAF, dual-tone LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture and 1.12um pixel size
- 8MP front-facing camera with autofocus, f/2.0 aperture, 84-degree wide-angle lens and 1.12um pixel size.
- 3000mAh battery with micro-USB charging support
- 3.5mm audio jack and FM Radio
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Micro USB (USB 2.0) and GPS
- Dimensions: 149.7 x 72.5 x 8.05 mm
Nokia 5 Price And Availability
While the previous version of Nokia 5 went on sale in August this year, the 3GB RAM variant will be available exclusively on Flipkart at Rs. 13,499 (‘best buy’ price) for one week starting from November 7.
Flipkart is currently offering a Jio-Nokia Additional Data offer, promising 5GB of extra 4G data on recharge of Rs. 309 or above, which is limited to 10 recharges until August 31, 2018.
After the online exclusivity period, Nokia 5 will be available via selected retail outlets across the India from November 14. While the previous version was launched in Copper and Silver color options, the 3GB RAM version of Nokia 5 will be stocked in Tempered Blue and Matte Black options.
Nokia 5 Review
What we like about Nokia 5
- With the Sunlight visibility feature, the 5.2-inch display offers enough brightness levels for outdoor usage and the viewing angles are great.
- The 13MP rear, as well as 8MP front camera, offers segment-leading results with crisp color reproduction and good performance under exposure as well as under low-lighting conditions.
- With the introduction of 3GB RAM, multitasking duties are now handled with never seen smoothness in this category.
- Stock Android is one of the most prominent USPs of Nokia’s new lineup and this smartphone is no exception.
What we didn’t like about Nokia 5
- There is no quick charge support with the battery
- An SD-600 series processor could have been better with the Nokia 5
- Micro USB 3.0 support hasn’t been introduced to the lineup
One thing that we have understood in HMD Global’s journey of resurrecting the Nokia brand is that they want to establish themselves as a company with the most practical offers, delivering on whatever they promise.
With the Nokia 5’s 3GB RAM version, HMD has once again shown that they are constantly focusing on becoming the numero uno manufacturer in the mid-budget segment.