Indian smartphone maker, Itel has launched another affordable entry-level handset in India named as itel S21 which comes with a dual-selfie camera as well as some average hardware credentials.
However, the sub-Rs 7,000 category is invariably a cruel one as potential buyers always seek the best for every buck they spent which means, be it multimedia consumption, cameras or the performance credentials, the ask for the best of all worlds.
With itel S21 boasting a dual-selfie camera which has been somewhat of a rarity in the segment, it looks like the Indian is taking desperate measures to make its presence felt in the competition. But will it succeed with itel S21? Let’s see.
itel S21 Specifications
- 5-inch (854 x 480) FWVGA screen with sunlight display and blue-ray eye protection, offering 218 PPI.
- 1.1 GHz Quad-Core 64-bit MediaTek SoC coupled with Mali-T860 MP1 400 MHz GPU
- 1GB RAM and 16GB of internal memory, expandable up to 32GB via MicroSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) out of the box
- 8MP rear camera with Phase Detection Autofocus, f/2.2 aperture, and dual LED Flash
- 2MP + 5MP front-facing cameras (RGB+Monochrome) with LED Flash and f/2.0 aperture.
- Dual SIM support (Hybrid) and Fingerprint sensor at the rear with 360-degree readability.
- 2700mAh non-removable battery
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.1, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, GPS
itel S21 Price And Availability
The itel S21, priced at Rs. 5999, comes in Elegant Black, Moonlight Silver, and Champagne Gold colors. The smartphone is now available through both online and offline stores across India.
itel S21 Review (First Impressions)
As surprising as it may sound, the dual-selfie camera does perform well in low lighting and that coupled with other beautification softwares, itel S21 does manage to put money where its mouth is. That said, if exposed to excessive lighting, the colors do tend to scatter a bit and users will have to keep their hands steady due to the absence of OIS.
As for the 8MP camera, it gives at par results considering the price while we still think that Redmi 4A has a better rear camera.
Also Read: Itel PowerPro P41 Launched In India
The biggest USP, for us, that itel S21 has its support of stock Android 7.0 Nougat which makes the device compatible with the multi-window view.
As for the 5-inch sunlight display, it offers at par viewing angles and brightness levels even under direct sunlight.
However, for buyers looking for a performance-oriented entry-level smartphone, they should look elsewhere as it didn’t get the SD powered chipset, neither ample RAM to support multitasking. However, Nokia 2 was also launched with similar specifications, but that’s another story.
All in all, if you are a moderate user and camera capabilities is what you are looking for in your first low-budget smartphone, itel S21 is worth a try.