Comio C2 has been launched in India by the Chinese manufacturer in India at an attractive price of 7199 and at this price point, the budget smartphone will go head-to-head against the likes of Redmi 4 and Redmi 4A, which have been ruling this segment for quite a while now.
Entry level smartphone segment in India is fast becoming one of the most demanding as well as competitive market, however, every consumer is looking for one of the most VFM (value-for-money) products in this segment, as well.
That said, it’s not like Comio C2 is the first smartphone to take on the challenge but there have been many who came and tried their hand on the gold mine of potential budget smartphone and failed miserably.
The basic requirements have been a long-lasting battery, decent camera and performance credentials for moderate multitasking as well as gaming. And since Xiaomi has always played its cards right, Comio C2 being a new entrant, has a humongous ground to cover.
But from what we see, Comio C2 has done a great job to make its presence felt.
Comio C2 Specifications
- Carbon fiber body with curved edges and a scratch proof rear panel
- 5-inch (720×1280) HD IPS curved display, offering 294 PPI
- 64 Bit Quad Core 1.3GHz MTK6737 processor coupled with Mali T720
- 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal memory, expandable up to 128GB via microSD
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) out of the box with COMIO UI on top
- Dual SIM and 3.5mm headphone jack
- 8MP rear camera with f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 5P lens, 78.9 degrees wide-angle, face recognition and dual LED flash
- 8MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture, fixed focus, 4P lens, 83.3 degrees wide-angle, face recognition and LED flash
- 4000 non-removable mAh battery offering Stand-by time of 500 hrs and 20 hrs of Talktime.
- 4G VoLTE, WLAN 802.11b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0 GPS, FM Radio and Micro 5 pin USB support
- Comio C2 measures 144×71.6×9.9mm
- Color Options: Royal Black and Royal Blue
Comio C2 Review
- The 5-inch IPS display has been known to offer great viewing angles as well as decent visibility under direct sunlight but it struggles in color production with high-end graphics.
- While a metal unibody has been a go-to design for entry-level smartphone makers, the plastic finish in Comio C2 might be a sore to your eyes. However, the practicality of a scratch proof rear panel is amazing.
- As for performance credentials, this is a fully loaded smartphone at this price point and we expect the Comio C2 to offer a good gaming experience as well as perform almost lag-free multitasking duties. However, with heavy apps, one should not expect the same performance as Redmi 4.
- Coming to the cameras, this is where Comio C2 really scores. A good camera has been somewhat of a luxury in the Rs 7000-10,000 segment, but the smartphone in question, comes with 8MP cameras at both front and rear. Low-lighting photography is something that Comio C2 really excels in, however, colors might disperse a little under aggressive exposure.
- Since there is no OIS, another rarity in this segment, users will need to keep there hands steady to prevent shaky images, which doesn’t come as a surprise.
- One thing that we really love about Comio C2 is the fact that it comes with a dedicated microSD card slot and users will not have to choose between an extra SIM or expandable storage.
- Anti-theft security option including an intruder selfie feature also gives it an edge over its competitors.
To surmise this Comio C2 Review, we would say that the smartphone does lack behind in terms of hardware as we would have appreciated at least 32GB of internal storage and a higher-end processor, but the entry-level segment has lately become the one coming up with the same offering and rather than introducing something new, manufacturers are now focusing on providing a little bit of everything.
That said, Redmi 4 still remains the frontrunner with a better specs-sheets but we can’t take it away that Comio C2 came very close to being the next big thing in this competition.