When it comes to the very first smartphone launches if a year, they are known hint towards what the companies have in store for the whole year and from what we have seen in 2018, the coming 12 months are indeed going to take the competition, a notch higher.
When it comes to Indian smartphone makers, they have been struggling to outperform their Chinese counterparts, when it comes to sales figures, but on the same day when Micromax launched the Bharat 5 Plus to further strengthen its standing in the entry-level segment, here comes CENTRiC L3 which has been been launched at a very competitive price in the same segment, which Xiaomi and Moto rule.
After launching the a couple of formidable smartphones like CENTRiC A1 and CENTRiC P1 that offer the perfect as well as well-rounded package bitch on the specs-sheet and in real life performance, the CENTRiC L3 is more of a numbers game as it, most likely, is launched to attract more users towards the brand, especially who are just entering the Android world.
CENTRiC L3 Specifications
- 5-inch (1280 x 720) FHD IPS display with 2.5D Curved Glass, 293.72 PPI, 16:9 aspect ratio and an unidentified scratch-proof layer.
- 64-bit quad-core MediaTek MT6737 processor clocked at 1.3GHz along with Mali T720 MP2 GPU for graphics
- 2GB RAM and 16GB of internal storage, expandable up to 256GB via MicroSD card.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat out of the box.
- 13MP rear camera with, dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.2 aperture and 5P lens.
- 5MP front camera with fixed focus, selfie Flash, and f/2.0 aperture.
- Fingerprint sensor embedded in the home button and Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD).
- 3050mAh battery (no fast charging)
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.0, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS + GLONASS, Micro USB 2.0 support, 3.5mm audio jack, Triaxial Accelerometer, Ambient Light Sensor and Proximity Sensor.
CENTRiC L3 Price And Availability
Priced at Rs 6,749, CENTRiC L3 is the company’s first smartphone for the year and will be available Quartz Grey and Raisin Black color options. While there is no word on whether CENTRiC L3 will be made available via offline or online retailers.
At this price point, it goes against the likes of Intex ELYT Dual, Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite, 10.Or D and Micromax Bharat 5 Plus.
CENTRiC L3 Review (First Impressions)
Although the smartphone is not upgradable to Android Oreo, stick Android is among the best things about the CENTRiC L3. Moreover, the 13MP and 5MP cameras are at oar with the competition but what set them apart is the inbuilt beautification modes which are easily accessible.
Coming to the display, it offers good being angles and ample of brightness levels for outdoor media consumption. Coming to CENTRiC L3’s performance credentials, while it offers mediocre specs, it is still at oar with what we have seen in this segment. While heavy gamers might struggle with this entry-level smartphone, moderate multitasking duties will be handled with ease.
While it still can’t outperform the likes of Xiaomi Redmi Y1 Lite and 10.Or D, all in all, CENTRiC L3 is the perfect First-Android smartphone with an affordable price tag.