From what we have seen last year, Samsung is going to hit hard in the mid-budget as well as entry-level segment in 2018 and after teasing the much anticipated Galaxy On7 Prime, here comes a silent launch of Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) which seems to be the perfect answer to a Chinese manufacturer which is breathing fire all over the world with its VFM products.
If it is Xiaomi is the name that you thought of, you guessed it right. Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) will be launched in direct competition to Redmi 5A and 10.Or D in the Indian entry-level segment, and while these two smartphones have been playing the hardware game, Samsung is planning to answer the challenge with its own share of software prowess, when it comes to the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018).
For the unknown, the smartphone hasn’t been updated since 2016 but it did grab a lot of attention with features like Super AMOLED display, Android Nougat, and Smart Glow. Now with the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) is looking to incarcerate the legacy and once again reach those humongous sales numbers with this handset.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) has been launched in Vietnam and will most probably make its way to India by the end of first quarter. However, with the kind of mediocre specifications it comes with, one thing is for sure that Samsung is looking to strengthen its standing the entry-level segment and they might play the pricing card right in India.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) Specifications
- 5-inch (960×540) S-AMOLED display with 2.5D Curved Glass, 220.29 PPI, 16:9 aspect ratio, reading mode and an unidentified screen protection.
- 64-bit quad-core Snapdragon 425 SoC clocked at 1.4GHz and coupled Adreno 308 GPU for graphics
- 1.5 RAM with 16GB of internal storage expandable via MicroSD card.
- Android 7.1.1 Nougat with Samsung’s own UI on top.
- 8MP rear camera with PDAF, f/2.2 aperture and dual-tone LED Flash.
- 5MP front camera with fixed focus, f/2.2 aperture, and LED flash.
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro + nano/microSD)
- 2600mAh battery rated to deliver up to 18 hours of talk time.
- Micro USB support for charging and data transfer.
- Dimensions: 143.8×72.3×8.4 mm and Weight: 153 grams.
- 4G VoLTE, Bluetooth v4.2, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, GPS, and 3.5mm audio jack.
Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) Price And Availability
Priced at VND 3,290,000 (approx Rs 9,200), the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) will be available in Black, Blue and Gold color options via both online and offline and online channels. As for its availability in India, there were reports that Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) specifically targeted towards emerging markets in the next one month.
Since the original Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro did make it to India with a price of Rs 9,900, the same is expected from its updated version.
Everything said and done, specifications like SD 425 SoC, Android Nougat, a great camera package that offers better detailing than most of its competition, S-AMOLED display for perfect multimedia consumption and ample of RAM for moderate gaming, have made Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) a near perfect challenger from the South Korean maker’s stable in the entry-level segment.
However, the fact that Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018) lacks a fingerprint scanner and NFC support might discourage potential buyers who are looking for the perfect value for money smartphone in the sub-Rs 10,000 category in India, Samsung really needs to launch this handset at a way more competitive price in the country, where it is also the biggest smartphone company by market share, along with Xiaomi.
What do you think about the Samsung Galaxy J2 Pro (2018)? Do you think that features like Samsung Cloud, Convenient Wi-Fi Switch and Dual Messaging Account can help it stand out in this cut throat competition?
Share your thoughts in the comments section below.