Xiaomi knows more than a thing or two about producing some of the best technologies at hard to beat prices, be it in the smartphone business or its newly-launched air purifier arm. However, when it comes to smartphone accessories, Xiaomi has established its own niche by ‘providing everything for less’.
One such accessory is the Power Banks, which are in huge demand these days despite almost every new flagship coming up with at least 3000 mAh battery and an efficient processor. To add to its already strong footprint in India, Xiaomi has introduced the Mi Power Bank 2i in two variants i.e. 10,000mAh and 20,000 mAh.
Mi Power Bank 2i is the Chinese manufacturer’s ‘i’ product for which they had put out a teaser via their Twitter handle. The ‘i’ stands for Made in India Power Banks and Xiaomi claims the Mi Power Bank 2i will further boost the sales of their already top-selling range in the segment. The company also claims that ‘fake’ Mi Power Banks are selling like hot cakes in India and plans to combat this problem by adding a ‘Mi’ hologram on the package of its ‘Made in India’ Mi Power Bank 2i.
Also Read: Buying A Power Bank: 5 Not-To-Miss Tips
Both the 10000mAh and 20000mAh variant of Mi Power Bank 2i comes with lithium polymer batteries, smart-control chips powered by Texas Instruments and dual USB outputs. While the 10000 mAh Mi Power Bank 2i comes with a double anodized aluminum design and 14.2mm thickness, the latter offers a two-way quick charge 3.0 using a single USB port and a polycarbonate casing.
Mi Power Bank 2i Specifications
- Unibody metal design
- 5.0V-2.0A / 9V-12A – 18W input – Full Charge in 4.2 hours
- 5.0V / 2.0A, 9.0V / 2.0A and 12V / 1.5A – 15W output for fast charging
- Single USB port, four LED lights, micro USB port, and a power button.
- 93% conversion rate
- A low-power mode which gets activated after pressing the power button twice in order to charge devices like Mi Bluetooth headset and Mi Band.
- Dimensions: 147 x 71.2 x 14.2mm and Weight: 240g
- ABS plastic body for a better grip
- Dual 5.1V / 3.6A output which is useful when two devices are connected.
- It supports 5V/2.4A-9V/2A-12V/1.5A with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 support for when using single port
- 5.0V – 2.0A / 9.0V – 2.0A input – Full Charge in 6.7 hours using the fast charger
- 93% conversion rate
- A low-power mode which can get activated after pressing the power button twice in order to charge devices like Mi Bluetooth headset and Mi Band.
- Dimensions: 149.5×69.6 x 23.9mm and Weight: 358g
Mi Power Bank 2i Price And Availability
While the Xiaomi 10000mAh Mi Powerbank 2i is priced at Rs. 799, the 20000mAh variant costs Rs. 1499. Both models will be available via mi.com and Mi Home Stores from November 23rd and via official offline partners in December.
With an aim to give its ‘Make in India’ lineup a boost, Xiaomi has inaugurated its third manufacturing plant in India which is situated in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. Xiaomi has partnered with Hipad Technology for this new manufacturing facility which will deal specifically with making/assembling these power banks. The company also mentioned that the Mi Power Bank 2i will be the first product to come out from the facility.