The newest Sony PS5 has been a much-awaited release of 2020 for both the tech industry, as well as, the gaming industry. Especially, in these devastating times of COVID pandemic, when people have revisited their long lost love for gaming and video games. We have collated all the Sony PS5 features and specifications, along with Sony PS5 price in India and PS5 release date in India.
PS5 Features And Configuration
Let’s take a look at the PS5 features and configuration:
The internal storage is a custom 825GB SSD with an IO throughput of 5.5GB/s (Raw), Typical 8-9GB/s (Compressed) so as to get a better hold of online gaming data stimuli. The expandable storage is going to be an NVMe SSD Slot and the external storage is going to have USB HDD support so that it becomes easy for the players to handle it and get a better and easier video gaming experience. The optional optical drive is of Ultra HD Blu-ray (66G/100G) ~10xCAV, BD-ROM (25G/50G) ~8xCAV, BD-R/RE (25G/50G) ~8x CAV, DVD ~3.2xCLV, while the game disc has Ultra HD Blu-ray, up to 100GB/disc as we all know that better games mean more space.
The audio will be Tempest 3D AudioTech giving the best and most realistic sound effects. The video out will be through HDMI Out port, Support of 4K 120Hz TVs, VRR (specified by HDMI ver 2.1) as the new games are going to be mastered on another level of perfection.
Let’s Talk About The Size And Shape As It Is Going To Be A Part Of Your Table Now
The dimensions are – 390mm x 104mm x 260mm (width x height x depth) and PS5 Digital Edition – 390mm x 92mm x 260mm (width x height x depth). This year’s PS5 is in a unique shape of a skyscraper. Yes, you heard it right, a skyscraper. But this skyscraper is a special one as it can be used in both ways, lied down or straight up.
The weight of this PS5 is 4.5kg and PS5 Digital Edition – 3.9kg which is not a heavy one to handle. Talking about the power outputs now, the power is going to be PS5 – 350W and PS5 Digital Edition – 340W making it a really powerful one at that too. The input/output is going to be USB Type-A port (Hi-Speed USB), USB Type-A port (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) x2, USB Type-C port (SuperSpeed USB 10Gbps) with a network of Ethernet (10BASE-T, 100BASE-TX, 1000BASE-T), IEEE 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac/ax, Bluetooth 5.1.
Now That You’ve Seen The PS5 Features, You’re Probably Thinking That What Exactly Do These Means For The Sony Console?
The choice of GPU has been driven by Sony’s belief that a smaller GPU can be a more upright and sprier GPU. The inference being that PS5’s graphics core should be able to deliver a performance higher than anyone may expect from a TFLOPs number that doesn’t accurately circumscribe the capabilities of all parts of the GPU.
The new Custom 825GB SSD will also help in increasing the performance exponentially. With performance rated at two orders of magnitude more and faster than PlayStation 4, Sony’s actual implementation here is something else. The entire PS5’s 16GB can be filled up in just two seconds as in theory it has a speed of loading up 2GB of data in just one-quarter of a second.
Suggested Read: The Most Exciting Titles From the Gamescom Games Fair
All Confirmed New PS5 Features So Far Include
- PS5 supports expandable storage with a caution of not buying an NVME drive without Sony validation if anybody wants to use it with the console.
- PS5 will support backward compatibility with seemingly all PS4 games as it is based in part on the PS4’s architecture. The performance boost of the PS5 is so noteworthy that these games will need testing. Sony has said that most of the 100 topmost played games are working on the PS5.
- At first, some of the games may be released on both the PS4 and PS5 at the same time. We’ll find out whether or not any games will be cross-gen closer to the PS5’s in the next few days, especially for the releasing titles.
- PS5 offers a digital-only version and one which can support physical media as well. Both options were available at the launch.
- Game installations will be more configurable due to the way the SSD works. If the developers provide this support, players will be able to delete a single-player campaign without removing the multiplayer campaign.
- Confirmed PS5 accessories include a Charging Station for up to two Dual Sense controllers. It will come with a Pulse 3D Wireless Headset. A Media Remote and an HD Camera with dual 1080p lenses are also going to be there.
- The PS5 home screen is more dynamic. This means that it is going to be better off at showing live elements such as displaying available missions and allowing players to select their activity in real-time.
- The Geometry Engine is a new block that will give developers more control over the triangles, primordial, and obtain culling.
PS5 Price In India
The official PS5 price in India has been set at Rs 39,990 for the digital edition in the country, whereas, the physical version will be Rs 49,990. A 10,000 markup from the US version has been set for the PS5 price in India.
On November 19th, Sony officially launched their Playstation 5 for the world, starting with their pre-order feature. However, the PS5 release date or any official announcement from the company is yet to come out.
There have been a number of problems that this new release has gone through, in the country, even before the release. First, there was the PS5 India copyright wrongfully withheld by a Delhi guy, then the company started taking full payments from the retailers and buyers in the country as preorders, where they have been promised a console only upon the launch.
Nevertheless, the excitement for the newest launch is at an all-time high and gamers just can’t contain themselves for the PS5 release date and price in India, especially after the influx of great PS5 features announced by the makers.