Would you like a piece of the best cheesecake in the world? A simple cheesecake with shortcrust pastry and velvety curd cream is completely out of this world. The texture of a well-baked cheesecake is what makes us remember it for a long time along with its taste.
The cheesecake recipe summarizes the most important steps to bake the classic cheesecake with a base. As always, when baking, the result also depends on the ingredients used. In this case also the consistency of the curd cheese mass.
Preparation – 15 min.
Baking time – 1 hour
Waiting time – 30 min.
For the shortcrust pastry
1. 200 grams of flour
2. 130 grams of cornstarch
3. 0.5 teaspoon of baking soda
4. 1 pinch of salt
5. 100 grams of sugar
6. 1 medium-sized egg
7. 1 medium egg yolk
8. 150 grams of butter cold and in pieces
For the curd cheese mass
1. 750 grams of curd cheese, preferably 20% fat (you can order it online if you don’t find it in the market near you)
2. 4 medium-sized eggs
3. 2 teaspoons of grated lemon peel
4. 200 grams of sugar
5. 2 packets of vanilla pudding powder for cooking
6. 100 milliliters of sunflower oil
7. 300 milliliters of milk
1. First, prepare the curd cheese by draining it to make it a little drier. To do this, line a sieve, add the curd and put it over the sink or over a bowl.
2. Prepare the shortcrust pastry. Place the flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt and sugar in a bowl for the dough. Add the eggs and the cold butter in flakes and knead with dough hooks and finally with the hands to a homogeneous dough. Shape into a ball, wrap in cling film and chill for around 30 minutes.
3. Prepare the springform by greasing it with butter and then dusting it with flour. Preheat the oven at 170 degrees top and bottom heat. Roll out the shortcrust pastry with a rolling pin. Line the bottom of the springform pan with dough and pull up an edge. To do this, either roll out the dough sheet so large that it is enough for the edge. Or form a roll from part of the dough, place it on the short pastry base at the edge of the mold and form a high edge with your fingers. Prick the pastry base several times with a fork so that the shortcrust pastry doesn’t puff up.
4. For the cheesecake mixture, stir the eggs with the sugar until frothy. Stir in drained curd cheese. Mix in the lemon zest, custard powder, oil, and milk as well so that no pieces are visible. The mass has to be quite fluid.
5. Pour the cheesecake mixture onto the short pastry base in the mold. Place the cake on the bottom shelf in the oven. The cake must bake for a total of approx. 60 to 70 minutes.
1. Cover with baking paper if necessary so that it does not become too dark after 45 minutes of baking. Bake again for another 15 minutes.
2. When the cake is ready, you should leave it in the oven for about 30 minutes but keep the oven turned off. Open the oven door slightly so that it does not become too hot.
Suggested Read- The Best And Easiest Apple Jam Recipe