Here is how you can convert American and English shoe sizes correctly. Similar to dress sizes, shoe sizes differ from country to country. With the following shoe size tables for men and women, we explain how to correctly convert shoe sizes based in any country. Let’s find out How to Convert shoe sizes for EU, US, and the UK?
While uniform sizes for shoes and clothing are used in most European countries, the question of the correct size often arises when it comes to India because shoes from American or English manufacturers are frequently sold in India.
The shoe size of grown-up adults hardly changes, however, if you have gained or lost weight significantly or are switching to a different brand of shoe, you might want to try wearing the shoe and walking in it for a good 10 minutes before purchasing. Here is an easy chart for converting the EU, US, and UK shoe sizes for both men and women.
MEN – How to Convert Shoe Sizes
WOMEN – Women Shoe Size Chart US, EU, UK, Inches & CM
Tips for Choosing the Right Shoe Size
Suitable shoes make an important contribution to our well-being and the health of our feet. When buying shoes, it is important to ensure a very good fit, a comfortable footbed, and the correct shoe size. The following tips make choosing the right footwear easier.
– The best time of day to buy shoes is in the afternoon or evening. Feet widen throughout the day.
– Always try on both shoes of one model.
– Wear the shoe as long as possible when trying it on. Ideally, you walk up and down the shoe store several times.
– Make sure that there is about a finger’s width in the shoe in front of the big toe when the foot rolls off. The situation is different with high-heeled shoes and hiking shoes. Women’s shoes with a heel should fit snugly against the foot and not slip. However, you should not buy such shoes that are too small. It is best to buy hiking shoes that are half or whole numbers larger than your actual shoe size.
– In addition to the right shoe size, you also need to pay attention to the right shoe width. If the shoe is too wide or too narrow, try models from other brands. Some shoe manufacturers also offer their models in different widths.
Now, you know how to Convert shoe sizes for the EU, US, and the UK. Choosing the correct shoe size by looking at the shoe size table certainly helps but you must also try the shoe well before buying.